2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could use one like that, still have a few cassette tapes,ahh the eighties.

I could use one like that, still have a few cassette tapes,ahh the eighties.

That's why I picked this one. I have been listening to my old tapes in the shop on a somewhat older boombox. Curiously, the USB port is in the cassette door.

I tried it out. It works and I know that I'll have to change the USB sticks way less often than tapes. I got it from Amazon, ordered on Tuesday and received it Wednesday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T3GR9XI/

Last edited:
I know most of the lathes and mills are quiet, so you can listen to music, any advice for me, my lathe has straight cut gears and 11KW motor, sounds like a plane when running over 100 dB ?

I know most of the lathes and mills are quiet, so you can listen to music, any advice for me, my lathe has straight cut gears and 11KW motor, sounds like a plane when running over 100 dB ?
A combination ear defenders and headphones! Given your machine you need ear protection anyway. I have seen them (ear defenders) with connections for a MP3 player. I have also seen little boxes that connect wireless to a audio set and can be connected to headphones if you don't want to use a portable player.
Peter

At the drag races I use ear buds for the track-side radio and cover those with shooting muffs (ear defenders).

Yeah my hearing is not the best, as a young guy i've run too many loud exhausts and straight pipes so i really should do something if i want to hear at all when i become old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back