2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a tool but it kinda is..wife gave me a thick hardback book for my 65th birthday today.was like oh hell..don't need another book..David Gingery's 7 series metal working shop..looks like a lot of knowledge with a lot of reading to do..I did need another book.maybe she wants me to build tools instead of buying junk and fixing it up..she did good..

These arrived in the mail for me today. Two little Starrett No. 54 hold downs. I've been keeping my eye out for some for quite a while, but lots of times the ones that listed were pretty pricey. Finally spied these two 4" long ones a couple weeks ago and scooped them. Gave them a quick try in the shaper vise and they work pretty good. Now if I could only determine what prompted me to seek out the 4" ones when the width of my vise jaws is actually 5 inches! Grrrr!

-frank

image.jpeg

It's heavy for its size.gonna put in bath this winter.repaint.but first gonna put new stones on it try it out.it spins awhile after its turned off..couldn't pass it up for 20.00

That's a good question.i like it just fine.quick belt.pulley changes.runs smoothly.adjustable height.good power.always thought it looked too big on my 11" Sheldon..and it's a small dunmore.don't need a tp grinder very often but nice to have when I do.hell,I'm hope the themac does as good..your question made me go hmmm.thanks

Yesterday i made a live centre for a friend and that got me thinking i only have one if it breaks i can't even finish what i'm making, my tailstock is MT5 so i was looking for MT5 but only found MT4 and i bought it also found this used MT1 live centre it was cheap got it also, and finally found this mill 40 taper with carbide insert cutter, i don't own a mill but at that price could not leave it.
DSC_0004.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back