2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sooner listen to the music of the cutter. Nothing personal, just MHO.

I'd sooner listen to the music of the cutter. Nothing personal, just MHO.

I can understand that, but it's really not that good on keeping up with the baseball game. Besides that, for every minute I have a machine running I have 3-5 more that I'm getting ready, etc. I'm not a production shop guy.

Did not buy, gifted to me.

Yesterday I picked the shooting gear I loaned for a couple of kids, 11 and 13, to use. They are moving to a different city and could not participate any longer in any of our training sessions. Our program loses.

When I arrived at their grandfather's place he informed me that he sold his property and pretty much emptied and sold off his machine shop business, keeping a Lagun mill, and Standard Modern lathe and a CNC mill just for his personal use.

On one of the remaining work tables he pointed out some stuff that I may be able to use. It was like Christmas in Aug. He gave me a Kurt Power Drawbar for Bridgeport, an Aloris BXA QCTP, R8 collet rack and some ER collects.

My SBL 13 came with a Shars BXA, which works real well, but it looks like it will be replaced with this one or I may swap the Aloris AXA in my 1236, and pass down the AXA on the 1024, which has a HESS QCTP now. I need to buy the tee bolt from Aloris, 50+ bucks kind of suck, might just make one. Have not measured whether the Shars tee bolt would fit the Aloris or not.

The power drawbar will serve me well, with my bum right shoulder it is a task to move past my head, much less wrenching the manual draw bar. The Kurt did not come with an air switch, need to research what make and model to use.

20170804_093917.jpg 20170804_093727.jpg

Some small drills for the Servo drill press from hattyepstein.com. #31-#60, w triples of the standard tap and clearance sizes, plus fractionals from 3/64”–1/8" and an adorable little set of #61–#80 in a tiny Huot index. I forgot just how small a #80 is.
d9b4ff034be30cabe9f046ef666c8983.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nice find!!!

Congratulations, Bamban! I'm happy for you - especially at hearing how the power drawbar will help ease your shoulder.

ddickey, that looks like a VERY good bargain - lots of very good "real" tools and instruments, not the boxful of worn out sockets and end wrenches you usually find in a pawn shop tool box.

Today i visited flea/tool market, first thing i got is couple of CNMG inserts, then i bought this nice sheet metal hammer, than i've seen this big clamp, really heavy duty and big after little negotiation i got it at a reasonable price, also found those stamp letters, and just as i was leaving i found this Rohm B16 3-16mm drill keyless chuck, in nice shape just little stuck, it was fairly cheap so i got it and already got ti to move with little heat and a set of pliers, the two rusty socket joints i bought for the drill press project.
DSC_0002.JPG

Bunch of odds and ends: wheels and points for the tool post grinder, some bristle discs, spillmasters, hex and Torx wrenches, and a silicon carbide wheel for the bench grinder.IMG_20170810_215305.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back