Are these glass scales compatible?

smoky4712

Registered
Registered
I found these scales on Amazon in various sizes reasonably priced and the have good reviews. Just wondering if they are compatible. I am looking at the
pre assembled with the box to go with these.
I kinda want to order everything, so its here ready to go as soon as I put the mill back together.
Also I was looking at Tablet holders. there is an Amazon basics that I think I can mount directly to the existing arm.

These look like generic Chinese Glass scales. Those prices are suspiciously low, though. If this isn't some sort of creative scam, glass scales at around $50 is a bit of a game-changer.

I ordered the table holder from your link, so I'll let you know how it works (I need one to hack into a car iPad mount).

Regards
Yuriy

At that price, I'd almost be willing to risk it. But its amazon - so you can return easily anyway if there is a problem.

I agree about Amazon being safe, but this whole deal smells very suspicious to me. A few things that stand out:
1. Price difference between 4" and 40" is only $5 (10%). That is hightly unusual
2. The used is registered in China, but estimated delivey is March 5-11 for me
3. The claim these are dual lip and the elecronics look like those from "good" scales. I haven't seen any sub-$100 with that circuit.
4. There are very few reviews and one is clearly VERY fake.

I'd try them, but woudn't be shocked if this is somthing goes south.

That is what I was thinking . It's Amazon I could always send them back.
I don't think I have ever had to send anything back that wasn't broken during shipping. That said, it almost looks too good to be true.
I may be the guinea pig and order them when I'm ready so I will have ample time to return if need be. Take one for the teem so to speak. And if Yuri wants to take a look at them I'm just down the road we could meet up somewhere, or I could bring them over so you could test them. If they are good it may put some people over the edge.

For a 3 axis DRO that would be about the same price from aliexpress-might get them faster from Amazon and could be returned much easier.
I bought both my 3 axis for the mill and the 2 axis for the lathe from aliexpress and have been very pleased with them.

I've ordered these very same scales from an eBay seller in Europe and I'm planing to use them with the Wireless DRO Adapter for Glass and Magnetic Scales V2 board. I'll report back on how they work as soon as they arrive.

I've ordered these very same scales from an eBay seller in Europe and I'm planing to use them with the Wireless DRO Adapter for Glass and Magnetic Scales V2 board. I'll report back on how they work as soon as they arrive.
Thank you.

I just ordered the TouchDRO v2 package. About to pull the trigger on these Amazon scales for my bench mill.

Has anyone else got these glass scales up and running yet?

EDIT: I went ahead and ordered a set (X/Y/Z). I'll post my results back here when everything arrives.

Last edited:
I just ordered the TouchDRO v2 package. About to pull the trigger on these Amazon scales for my bench mill.

Has anyone else got these glass scales up and running yet?

EDIT: I went ahead and ordered a set (X/Y/Z). I'll post my results back here when everything arrives.
Thank you. I will be anxiously waiting.

Back