Are these glass scales compatible?

I've ordered these very same scales from an eBay seller in Europe and I'm planing to use them with the Wireless DRO Adapter for Glass and Magnetic Scales V2 board. I'll report back on how they work as soon as they arrive.
I've received my scales now. I'll see if I can try them out tomorrow.

Just got my first scale delivered today. The scales shipped from different locations. The TouchDRO unit is still in transit, so I can't hook anything up. But here are some picks. I see "USSR" on the shipping labels, and it looks like Cryillic writing on the cover plate - so maybe these are from Russia? I opened the reader to see what the circuit looked like, but it has some kind of protective coating on it. Epoxy? Caulking? No idea.. the substance is hard to the touch though.

The 'brand' on it is Vevor (like the Amazon pics), and it came with a bracket, some screws, a cover, and maybe an adapter cable? Its DB9 to DB9 - so I'd have to get the meter out to see if the pins change or something. No paperwork included int he box, but it was well packaged.

I'll continue as more items arrive.

Using the part number on the box - GSC600MMDC0000001V0

I found this: https://www.vevor.com/products/600m...g-3m-signal-cable?_pos=1&_sid=b31b833a2&_ss=r

Attachments

• IMG_3163.jpg
    IMG_3163.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3164.jpg
    IMG_3164.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3165.jpg
    IMG_3165.jpg
    904.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3166.jpg
    IMG_3166.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_3167.jpg
    IMG_3167.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Nice that you found the official website of the manufacturer.

This is what I got in the package of my scales along with some mounting accessories.

There is no mention what so ever of the small DB9 adapter or any instructions of any kind.

Attachments

• PXL_20210316_192408177.jpg
    PXL_20210316_192408177.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 216
  • PXL_20210316_192412026.jpg
    PXL_20210316_192412026.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 211
This is the information about these scales that was available in the eBay listing I bought them from.
Screenshot_2021-03-17 eBay.png

Success!

Hooked up my scales this morning on the 'bench' (my desk) and slowly ran them back and forth on the axis. Smooth increments, no number jumping. The calibration is way off - I'd say by about 50% - (260mm scale showing around 130mm) so I'll work through that when I get them installed on the mill. But so far so good. The wiring from the Amazon article was correct - I just ignored the 'R1' wire and hooked up the other four.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 223
Check that you have the correct resolution or you are in radius mode vs. diameter mode.

Check that you have the correct resolution or you are in radius mode vs. diameter mode.

Thanks, there is an entire scale calibration section I need to work through after I get them installed on the milling machine. CPI "counts per inch" (it feels very similar to calibration stepper motors - matching the observed travel to the actual travel with some math involved).

I was hoping that you would have some time this weekend to get your system up and running. We are waiting to see how those scales work out. I hope it all goes well.

I have a total of four now (got a 4" for the quill). We're actually trying to buy a new house right now, so the mill is getting ignored a little. But I've had them all hooked up to the TouchDRO and they appear to be fine. Just need to install them, which is going to take some work on the Z and Y axis due to the castings.

Back