Can you guess the manufacturer of this depth micrometer?

I suggest a depth base that fits your dial caliper. More than accurate enough for most work.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Are the not too flimsy ?I thought about getting one that would fit my Mitutoyo caliper but wasn't sure how well they get screwed on.71-H3yd-9pL._SL1500_.jpg

I have a Mitutoyo Z readout fitted to my Bridgeport mill. I use it all the time for the reason it was designed. And then I found out I could mount a 1/8” diameter rod in the spindle and also use the Z readout as a sort of digital depth mike. In most causes it works as good or even better than a stand-alone depth mike…Dave

So I looked at my Lufkin, it has 3 rods, 1 installed and 2 as in the pic. Those wrenches to not belong to the depth mic. They belong to the Lufkin bore gauge, which I have too. The wrench is much different for the depth mic. I think the 3rd rod is loaded in the mic. It appears to have a certificate attached in yellow.

The Etalon 6" calipers usually come with the depth base attachment as part of a package. My Etalon dial caliper came with one.
They attach securely and work well for what they are. To calibrate depth mic rods beyond 3" requires large gage blocks or very accurate
2-4-6 blocks. A lot of trouble and expense for .001" accuracy. There are no tenth reading depth micrometers.

Back