Drill press table raiser

Chris,

Unfortunately I did not take pictures during the build process. I kept telling myself I should, just never did, and since it was pushing the limits of my small machines, it would have been good to.

Chris,

Unfortunately I did not take pictures during the build process. I kept telling myself I should, just never did, and since it was pushing the limits of my small machines, it would have been good to.

No problem, I never think to take "before pictures" when doing stuff like this either.

Chris

The table sits on the top of the riser.

That is how I had planned it, but in practice, it may work better, if the crank mech is mounted above or below the "nut" and clamped off, and the nut is left free to move the table.

Here is a picture of mine with the table, and a few other ideas I had collected before building mine.

TableRaiserwithtable.png

images-1.jpg

newraiser.jpg

Wow, you did a fantastic job on the riser and the press overall. :thumbsup2:

I made a motorized riser for my Beaver press (well still working on it, need to house the motor and switch still). I used an old trailer jack and a window crank motor.

[video=youtube_share;novc-e_-XVo]

Last edited:
Very nice indeed! I'm going to make one!
So essentially you have TWO tables, it looks like. One on the back side (looks like it has a mortising fence on it). And the front facing one having the dividing head on it . So when you want to use the other table you swing it around 180 deg?

what make are the X-Y table and the dividing head?

Again, fabulous!

Last edited:
Thanks, to use the smaller table of just need to loosen it up and swing it around to the front. It is also useful to rotate up 90 to the production table to support larger parts. The X-Y table is made by Mastercraft, the dividing head has no markings but I think it was a casting kit.

What bevel gears did you use?

I'm looking to build a table elevation mechanism similar to yours for my DP220. Do you have any drawings of it? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back