found an enco 13"x40" lathe

Ok, switch in question is an hz5b 10/2 d009 this is s high power switch used to control the forward and treverse of the carriage. It has8 terminals, 4 witch positions. I can't dl PDF files with this phone, so I'll get it tomorrow. On wifi.
I am putting this here in case someone with an older grizzly encourage or other Chinese brand 4003 or encourage 13x40 lathe has a carriage select problem... this is likely the piece. I found the grizzly. And encourage numbers I'll post them tomorrow

Rich

For those reading- Rich's phone is changing "Enco" to "encourage". Took me a minute :)

Bernie

Ok, switch in question is an hz5b 10/2 d009 this is s high power switch used to control the forward and treverse of the carriage. It has8 terminals, 4 witch positions. I can't dl PDF files with this phone, so I'll get it tomorrow. On wifi.
I am putting this here in case someone with an older grizzly encourage or other Chinese brand 4003 or encourage 13x40 lathe has a carriage select problem... this is likely the piece. I found the grizzly. And encourage numbers I'll post them tomorrow

Rich

What happened to the switch? Just unplugged? Or damaged?

Otherwise looking great man!

Bernie

Wow! You did an amazing finishing job, Rich! Looking forward to seeing it run! :goodjob2:

Bernie, I was wondering about the switch, too, as well as Enco/encourage... :shocked:

My phone spell checks enco to encourage if I do not correct it.
My switch should be good, no telling yet, still working my way thru the electric. When I did a search for the part and the pinouts I ran into a thread which had several users of grizzly and enco lathes that had bad switches and were looking for cross reference parts.... figured would be nice to put them here also
Always nice to leave a path for those behind to follow.

Rich

Cudos to grizzly for making such a well thought out and informative manual for their 4002/4003 series machines. Lots of great information on the operation of the machine as well as detailed wiring diagrams, the wire colors are different but the switch pinouts and the terminals are the same so it is just a simple matter of hooking up what goes to the propernterminal! Thanks grizzly!:man:

rich

she is alive!
I found a metal " middle gear" as it is referred to in the grizzly manual. As a temp solution I'll use this one, it will also serve as a pattern to make some plastic gears.
I need to pick up 6 quarts of iso 68 gear oil and some way oil, than hopefully fine tune and then make some chips :)) the fun part is almost ready to begin.

rich

When I started reading this thread I had no love for Rich. Thinking anyone who scored a free lathe was just to lucky for anyone to like. Then, as I read along I discovered Rich and people like him (and me I like to think) are an endangered species. Self reliant humans. By the time I reached this point in the thread I was impressed enough to shoot him a "like" and make this post. Hope you get the job. Bib

Any update. Lathe still working for you? I have the same lathe I bought new in 2004.

Back