GMC pickup help....

Well here's an update. Got it tore apart and I decided to take a break to get a cup of coffee and a smoke.
16884A70-23F3-46D4-9E3C-6E04D05C7FA9-49786-00000F104D8F2D08.jpg

Hopefully I can get it done today. Working midnights sucks!!!

Chris
looks like your going right to town with it, and yes that cup of coffee makes it go so much easier.:phew:

16884A70-23F3-46D4-9E3C-6E04D05C7FA9-49786-00000F104D8F2D08.jpg

seems i,m going to get my hands greasy too today sons fuel pump on 67 ford went out so we are going to put a electric one on and block off the old one, we got his tinted door glasses in since it was a nice weekend and the only thing left before paint will be a lokar shifter the reason for that is the park lock went out in the steering column and part is not available anymore darn for lol.:thinking: mac

seems i,m going to get my hands greasy too today sons fuel pump on 67 ford went out so we are going to put a electric one on and block off the old one, we got his tinted door glasses in since it was a nice weekend and the only thing left before paint will be a lokar shifter the reason for that is the park lock went out in the steering column and part is not available anymore darn for lol.:thinking: mac
well truck is running now , thank the lord:))

I'm glad your mechanical project worked out!!! I put the intake, and one valve cover back on. I started on the passenger side valve cover and ended up breaking the valve cover bolt off! :banghead: Heck it wasn't even tight!! Lets hope I can get it out!!!

Thanks,
Chris

I'm glad your mechanical project worked out!!! I put the intake, and one valve cover back on. I started on the passenger side valve cover and ended up breaking the valve cover bolt off! :banghead: Heck it wasn't even tight!! Lets hope I can get it out!!!

Thanks,
Chris
will be hoping with you, i hate when that happens, but we still have a problem with my sons truck, seems it is slowly starving itself of fuel, put 2 new pumps on but still has the same prob, i think we narrowed it down to the Holley 4 barrel, he likes the Holley i hate them. nothing beats a good ford autolite carb easy to work on and i know exactly how to work on them, lol:thinking: Mac

Chevy is one of the hardest to stop oil leaks, as a chevy owner and gmc i have banged my head against the wall many times, i think you will find it is the intake gasket in the back of the engine that is leaking

Yessss! I was just thinking the same thing. The back of the manifold leaks and comes out just like it would for a rear main seal... My 1997 Lt1 Camaro was famous for that until I just got rid of the little rubber gaskey thingy and gooped it up with RTV sealant.

John

Yessss! I was just thinking the same thing. The back of the manifold leaks and comes out just like it would for a rear main seal... My 1997 Lt1 Camaro was famous for that until I just got rid of the little rubber gaskey thingy and gooped it up with RTV sealant.

John
what worked for me was a roll of cork gasket material, made my own instead of the rubber they give you now and a bottle of Indian head gasket sealer 160,000 miles no leaks, never tried the rtv sealent yet but i dont see why not.:)) Mac

Can anyone tell me why a ford with a holley 4 barrel losses fuel prime from the carb hookup down to the fuel pump which is a mechanical fuel pump.:thinking: thanks Mac

Well truck is back together and running!! I gobbed some rtv in the place of those gaskets. Where can I pick up some of that Indian head gasket sealer? I should throw some of that in the ole girl as well.

For losing the fuel prime, is there a small pin hole somewhere letting air in?

Thank you all!!!
Chris

i just hope this fixes the big leak lol.

Well truck is back together and running!! I gobbed some rtv in the place of those gaskets. Where can I pick up some of that Indian head gasket sealer? I should throw some of that in the ole girl as well.

For losing the fuel prime, is there a small pin hole somewhere letting air in?

Thank you all!!!
Chris

i just hope this fixes the big leak lol.
all new hoses from fuel pump up to carb, not leaking any gas anywhere. napa should have the sealer, thats where i got mine:)) Mac

Back