Hobby machinists in (Northern) Virginia, WV, MD?

More than happy to make a trek out west. A few hour drive is pretty easy for me. During the week it's extremely hard with traffic, which is why I can never make it to CAMS or tuckahoe. Weekends I'm usually driving around anyway (secretly acquiring more "toys"). I think my record so far is St Mary's to Buffalo NY and back in the same day.

15 along the river and up thru Williamsport is a cool ride ! :encourage: I used to tow a tractor up to the property , cut the grass and come back home same day . 740 miles round trip . A few times I even made it without breaking down . :big grin:

Having just completed a 3,300 mile drive across country, I can confidently say: You guys are nuts!

Having just completed a 3,300 mile drive across country, I can confidently say: You guys are nuts!
You east now ? Heck , we did close to 9000 miles last August . :grin:

9,000 miles!! Geez.

Yup, I'm already in Stephens City, VA, just twiddling my thumbs until we can close on the house out here.

Yup, I'm already in Stephens City, VA, just twiddling my thumbs until we can close on the house out here.
Very cool ! :encourage: We're heading out Tuesday for a week . Not sure if north or south yet , but somewhere . The dogs need a break . :grin:

I realize that this sub-forum doesn't get a lot of traffic, but I'm in the process of moving to Frederick County, Virginia and thought I'd ask: is there anyone in the greater area with the bug (the machining bug, not that bug) interested in getting together occasionally? I'm about to purchase a place near Winchester and unload a container with all of my machines and tools into a much larger shop. I would love to meet others that share the affliction. It'll be another month or three before I can show off the new shop, but the weather is starting to get nice so I thought I'd start the search.
I am near Leesburg, VA, would be happy to meet next time you're driving through the area

Rex,
It looks like your are already making friends out there!!

Rex is one heck of a machinist.

Thanks, Jeff! I'm kinda bowled over by how many folks out here have similar interests. Here's hoping my tools survived the trip intact.

I'll still be attending meetings out there occasionally, though probably not terribly often.

Back