Hobby machinists in (Northern) Virginia, WV, MD?

I81 to I83 takes you right up to Cabin Fever . :encourage: 81 is a cool drive as it follows the mountain chain up to Syracuse .

Its quite interesting and we do meet up there . They fill up the entire complex with whatever you can dream up . :grin: Tuesday will be heading north on 81 up to the property and then over to the Finger Lakes to get out of the house for a week . Hope the snow is gone.

The house (and shop!) inspection is Monday, but I’ll still be at my Mom’s place on Tuesday or I’d invite you over.

Lebanon is close! I’ve already added January 17-18 to my calendar. Thanks for mentioning it.

It’s funny. My cousin in TN used to live in Amish country and was just mentioning how much he misses Lebanon bologna. I’ll have to pick up a couple loaves for him (and for me!). Loaves? What’s the counter for bologna/sausage?

I'm on Md 165 which is 74 in Pa . I run it up and cross the river at the Buck and in Lancaster in 50 minutes . My son goes up every week for chocolate milk . :grin: Not sure of the bologna but the milk is GREAT ! One other good thing is you're close to Pa which sells un-ethanol gas out of the pump . I run up and get 25 gallons at a time and use it exclusively in the toys . Everything has started up this year with no issues . Running the generators dry before loading up the chainsaws for the year . I'm 75 minutes from Cabin Fever , you may be closer on 81 to 83 . A short jaunt . :encourage:

OT: Lebanon bologna is an awesome smoked beef sausage. My other vice acquired from my Maryland relatives is Taylor pork roll. Will have to try the chocolate milk up that way. And now I’m hungry again.

Another Marylander here, but I'm down in St. Marys County. Most of the people in my neighborhood give me a blank stare when i mention a carburetor- so needless to say i'm pretty much on my own when it comes to machining hobbies.

I'm new to the forum, but a worked as an automotive machinist in Pacheco California. Now I'm in Berkeley Springs, WV.(And a piano technician) I laughed at the whole "running I-80, and now I'll be doing it on I-81" because I think the same thing.
I'm up for hanging out, learning, getting new ideas, helping where I can.
-J

Back