Home Shop Sound Systems

Wow...big fan of the gear here! I had a full rack of SAE back in the day, even had the parametric EQ.

Now I have a little Sony radio that has a slot on top for my iPhone. :(

I have the kindle hooked or the computer or whatever I feel like. I think we all mostly like old stereos. I still have my records but threw away the 8 track tapes.radio 003.jpg radio 004.jpg radio 005.jpg radio 006.jpg radio 003.jpg radio 004.jpg radio 005.jpg radio 006.jpg

I like it quiet. the only noise is the machines running. Music distracts me and I need to hear what my machine is saying.

Like you I tend to just listen to heavy metal in the shop :)

Stuart

I was saving a 500 watt surround system for my shop until I helped a friend hang his new 65" tv on the wall at his house so he could watch the big game on it and I noticed he didn't have a surround sound system so I dropped mine off and even installed it with the wires running through the walls and all... he still uses it Daily so I have been using a set of self powered computer speakers hooked to my phone... Until I built my new desktop system for my cnc mill and I wanted to watch a setup video and needed the speaker so now the shop is tune less.... Other than my bluetooth ear bud.

Funny that I just found this thread because yesterday one of my Paradigm speakers died on me. I'm running either a Yamaha Natural Sound receiver, or a early 90's Sansui and a cheap Panasonic cd changer. I guess I'm going to have to take my old Yamaha's up to the shop to replace the Paradigm's.

I enjoy the sound of a cutter removing metal. That's how I know its working right. Anything else is a distraction.

Tom. the old curmudgeon.

Back