I Wonder What To Do With My Shop When I Am Gone

Mark
Any chance that you could find a kid in the neighborhood that you could teach for awhile then decide if you want to give it to him. Some kid that likes to work(hard to find these days), but doesn't have much for resources?
you are right about one thing.... that is hard to find!
I sure haven't noticed any...... I was giving hand tools to a hard working and ambitious young fellow in the neighborhood last summer. He had few tools and was always working on something so I started giving him tools I had more than one of or ones I knew I wasn't using and then I found out the *&^%$ was selling them to get the money. Needless to say I cut him off. Finding the right person can be difficult.

I've spent a lifetime building a mechanical/welding shop and recently with the help of a lot of you I am assembling a decent machine shop. I have a Son in law who is very much like me and will put everything to good use. I am apparently one of the lucky ones. I already told my daughter that if they were to ever get divorced it would still be his. I really need to get a Will.

Same thoughts here. No one in sight who even knows how to prevent rust. It is a bummer to have to rummage through a loved one's stuff or watch the vultures gather. To taper or liquidate before probably only accelerates the exit. I guess the few technical schools left would only select from an estate gift so back at square one. Finding a trusted friend or relative is difficult or impossible . You can name a recipient in a will and the personal rep should make it happen. Try to avoid lawyers as the fees can be steep.

A hope that my 13 year old son will be more into and claim the shop. I should however leave a list of who to contact for help if he does not.
Mark,
not sure who you have left to deal with things but maybe you could leave them instructions to contact this forum. I would be very comfortable having the collective group here help in identifying and placing value on my tools. The key would be to keep it on the board not in private. I would be proud to have many of you have my tools even at 1/2 value.
Or as a second plan I could just PM my name address and phone# to you and you could just leave it all to me.:D
Mark

Back