Keep'em Rolling Barlow's Motor Pool build.

That place is gonna be bomb proof!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, a bit of an explanation on my footer. I wanted a supported slab as we have always done in the past around here. As all of you that have built anything in the last couple years know, local and state codes have become ridiculous if not down right dumb.

Monolithic slabs is about all you can get approved now. With a grade of 23 inches from one side to the other, it would have required massive fill and about ninety plus yards of concrete. So I had a engineer design stand alone piers. No slab was on the drawings therefore no inspection requirements for the slab.

I emailed in my footing inspection request on Sunday the 2nd. Inspector came out that Monday morning and signed off on my work.

That evening I commenced stage two.

Dig out the entire parameter connecting all the piers with a continuous footer.

44.JPG49.jpg

48.jpg47.jpg

There is my wife with that axe again!

46.jpg

We are now ready for concrete!

50.JPG

44.JPG 49.jpg 48.jpg 47.jpg 46.jpg 50.JPG

Wow! That's a beefier footer than I've seen for some commercial buildings... Great job!

Love the Deuce anahalf...

Wow! That's a beefier footer than I've seen for some commercial buildings... Great job!

Love the Deuce anahalf...

Well, I'll have some green toys much heavier than the Deuce rooming in there.

This past Saturday we poured concrete. If you want to find out which of your friends are true friends, call them and tell them you are pouring 21 yards of concrete tomorrow morning at 8am and need help. Well, I had more help than I expected arrive at 7:30.

60.jpg61.JPG

62.JPG63.JPG

64.JPG65.JPG

That is where I am at as of today. It has rained non stop since Sunday evening. I have broken down a few forms but has just been to nasty to work. God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll get all the forms down and cleaned up Saturday. I have block to haul over and get everything ready for the following weekend which we'll lay one course of regular block then one course of shoe/slab block.

60.jpg 61.JPG 62.JPG 63.JPG 64.JPG 65.JPG

Your work looks good. There will be a lot of pride in the finished project.

You shouldn't worry about the Creeks, they where/are not a Virginia tribe.

Vlad

That looks like some hard clay. Hope your wife's name isn't Lizzy.
Good luck with your project.

Been working on getting all the forms torn down.

100.JPG101.JPG

102.JPG

Hauled all the regular block over from my Dads. They came from my Great Grand Mothers house Dad and I tore down several years ago. Spent a little time chipping mortar and saved a few hundred bucks and have a little Family history in my building.

103.JPG

Ordered the shoe blocks Tuesday morning and received them that afternoon. Weather showed rain Friday evening and Saturday afternoon so we planned to start laying block Sunday morning. Went to Farmers Service Saturday morning and picked up mortar sand and mortar.

Waited for the sun to come up Sunday morning and worked clearing the water and leaves off the footing. My Cousin and nephews showed up around 8:30 and we started.

105.JPG106.JPG

107.jpg108.JPG

109.JPG110.JPG

100.JPG 101.JPG 102.JPG 103.JPG 105.JPG 106.JPG 107.jpg 108.JPG 109.JPG 110.JPG

Back