Keep'em Rolling Barlow's Motor Pool build.

A couple more to finish out the block.

111.JPG

113.jpg

I have a mess to clean up before I back fill and grade. I can not work in clutter.

111.JPG 113.jpg

Nice work. It's good to see a family come together on a project like this. The family history block used in you foundation is pretty cool too.

Are you going to put radiant heat in the floor?

Thanks for sharing and keep the pics coming.

Nice work. It's good to see a family come together on a project like this. The family history block used in you foundation is pretty cool too.

Are you going to put radiant heat in the floor?

Thanks for sharing and keep the pics coming.

Negative on the in floor radiant heat. While I start long johning up and whining at 50 degrees, it realy doesn't get that cold 'round here.

You have more work and money in your foundation than most guys have in the entire building. It's nice to see quality workmanship.

Mike

You have more work and money in your foundation than most guys have in the entire building. It's nice to see quality workmanship.

Mike

I can not imagine what the labor bill would have been if I had to pay someone to do the work my way.

wow, that is some impressive work! Can't wait to see what the rest of it will look like, though not as much as you I'd guess :)

Reminds me of when my folks built their house - we lived in a 10x28ft mobile home/ trailer for 9mths and I spent a lot of fun days carrying bricks and stuff around for the builders (I was 9). I even built a set of shelves for the shed out of scrap lumber, didn't even cut the stuff, just nailed it together with whatever was laying around and it's still around. They've just closed on the sale after being mortgage free for the last 25 years and I'm a bit conflicted about the whole deal. There's a lot of emotion and history tied up in land and bricks.

wow, that is some impressive work! Can't wait to see what the rest of it will look like, though not as much as you I'd guess :)

Reminds me of when my folks built their house - we lived in a 10x28ft mobile home/ trailer for 9mths and I spent a lot of fun days carrying bricks and stuff around for the builders (I was 9). I even built a set of shelves for the shed out of scrap lumber, didn't even cut the stuff, just nailed it together with whatever was laying around and it's still around. They've just closed on the sale after being mortgage free for the last 25 years and I'm a bit conflicted about the whole deal. There's a lot of emotion and history tied up in land and bricks.

Yeah, it's still a little tough when I ride by my Great Grandmothers place and see the new home someone built. But hey, hopefully they will make their own wonderful memories of the place. I have some of her blocks in my house I built as well as the shop.

Back