Lets See Your Shop!

Very nice shop.
Nice assortment of grinders too.

Almost forgot, nice 10EE.

Nice. Two lathes? Two Lathes!:nono: How can a man have two lathes.:noidea: Now I am jealous!:greenwithenvy:

I actually have 3 lathes ... another South Bend is in storage. I should sell it as I know I'll never use it.

he has everything but room

Dan, you sure got that right. My shop has zero room for anything else. Every time I buy another machine, I have to sell something to make room for it. I actually would really like to move my 20T press down from the garage into my shop, but I simply cannot accommodate the footprint it would take. So sad. If I were ever to move, it would have to have the space to build a suitable size, ground-level shop.

The only good things I can think of about a basement machine shop ... free heat and A/C, and real handy to the dinner table. But just about everything else is a bummer. For those of you who have moved a 48" Bridgeport mill or a 3,200 lb Monarch 10EE lathe ... try to imagine getting those into a basement 10' below the garage floor! It will give you a headache just thinking about it! Bill

I finally got around to digging out some pics of my hobby shop. I'm retired and play here when I'm not golfing. Hope you enjoy it. Bill

Bill, When do you have time to golf? I think you have a shop you can be very proud of. You have put together a very very nice collection of machines and tools. We all thank you for sharing your space with us.

Looks like he must have designed submarines for a living, the way he has stuff put in every available space. :roflmao:

Beautiful shop though. I'm green with envy!

Ron

Well I finally got around to getting some updated pictures of my small modest shop/cave.

Here is one taken a while back taken looking back towards my open shop door. Getting the sand rail/race car ready for a race. Don't have said sand rail any longer. Wallet has gotten a little fatter since giving up racing. This is prior to getting my new equipment and re-arranging everything.
261hw8w.jpg

South wall.
2s64mec.jpg

Automotive bay. South side of shop.
2z8qpso.jpg

Front of south side of shop. Hyd. press, bead blasting cabinet, coolant recycling machine and son's toolbox.
34orn0k.jpg

South workbench and my toolbox, west side of shop.
nqwktd.jpg

More of the west side of shop. North workbench and toolbox up to compressor room.
2z3yv5e.jpg

Motorcycle lifts in front of motorcycle bay.
2wgb0aa.jpg

Far North side of shop. Machining section. New PM935TV mill. Cart with tooling and granite surface plate.
kcb6g2.jpg

North wall with ZEP recycling solvent tank and new PM1340GT lathe.
28u4ia1.jpg

Welding bench. JET 20" drill press, Baldor pedestal grinder/wire wheel and Wilton 12" disc/6x48 belt sander.
2mni13r.jpg

Welding equipment.
eueekj.jpg

Hard to see in this picture, but Wilton 14" vertical bandsaw, JET 7x12 horizontal bandsaw, JD Squared tubing bender/dies, JD Squared tube roller and Mitler Brothers powered bead roller hanging on wall.
1pymmu.jpg

261hw8w.jpg

2s64mec.jpg

2z8qpso.jpg

34orn0k.jpg

nqwktd.jpg

2z3yv5e.jpg

2wgb0aa.jpg

kcb6g2.jpg

28u4ia1.jpg

2mni13r.jpg

eueekj.jpg