Logan 14 Inch Do You Own One? Model 6565 In Particular

I notice a handle to a mill in the corner of the picture, did your boss have a mill in the shed, too? If so, offer to buy it too...

BTW-Nice find there, with patients, you'll find the parts you need to get it running. A suggestion would be to make a pulley to accept VS belt. Wouldn't be hard to make. I have a 14" Rockwell lathe with a similar VS drive to it. The motor has a simple pulley/sheave on it that fits the VS belt. It's about 3" in diameter with a 7/8" bore. Likewise, I'll be adding a VFD to the lathe once I get it set up so I don't have to rely on the manual VS drive equipped on the lathe. Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice a handle to a mill in the corner of the picture, did your boss have a mill in the shed, too? If so, offer to buy it too...

Yes there is a Bridgeport mill but it is the M head. There is zero tooling, no collets or vise and a lot of rust. The motor was also stolen from this machine. I have seen the J head mills sell in the $1500 to $2000 range around here. So when I am done with the lathe project that will be my next purchase. (when I replenish my funds! LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
hope these close up photos help brother

Thank you USMCDD, this is exactly what I was looking for.

How does the brake arm connect to the brass swivel casting?

It seems its just pinned into the back of it and everything operates off those two pins in the close up pic of the outside of the lathe

Thank you USMCDD, this is exactly what I was looking for.

How does the brake arm connect to the brass swivel casting?

thats odd. my 6561-H doesnt have provisions for a brake. different year I presume?

thats odd. my 6561-H doesnt have provisions for a brake. different year I presume?

No it had to be ordered that way and then they cut drilled and installed it, you can add a brake to that machine, post a picture of the front of headstock and side of headstock

I will once I get off my triple and get back home. Interested in doing this for sure!

looks like there were provisions for the brake already. may need to keep an eye out for parts

SotqM7Q.jpg

12uKDBv.jpg

SotqM7Q.jpg

12uKDBv.jpg

SotqM7Q.jpg

12uKDBv.jpg

SotqM7Q.jpg

12uKDBv.jpg

SotqM7Q.jpg

12uKDBv.jpg

SotqM7Q.jpg

12uKDBv.jpg

Yeah you can def add one it looks like, go check out my Logan photo album, and contact Scott at loganactuator.com. He's gonna be your best bet

Back