Logan 6561 H Restoration

Overall, I am really very happy with how it all turned out. The end cover on the drive cabinet was missing and you cannot find these used anywhere. So, I just made my own. A local car guy had louver tooling and punched the louvers for me. I did not copy the Logan design with the flanges.

Well, here is the completed project.

Lathe Final Assembly - 01.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 02.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 03.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 04.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 05.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 06.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 07.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 08.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 11.JPG

Lathe Final Assembly - 12.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 15.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 17.JPGLathe Final Assembly - 18.JPG

This is great! Stunningly beautiful and I love your color choice. I would like to do something like this but do a resto-mod replacing with servo drive and ELS.
Can you give use the paint details? "Valspar gray with hardener". I am not familiar with hardener? Where to source?

This is great! Stunningly beautiful and I love your color choice. I would like to do something like this but do a resto-mod replacing with servo drive and ELS.
Thanks Robert. The overall machine color is gray, and I always pick a contrasting color. The lathe got maroon, the mill got blue, and the bandsaw got green. I try to make the contrasting color bright and pop. Add in a little black for more variety. No reason a machine needs to be boring to look at.

DRO is in it's future. Can't wait.

So after looking at this carefully it's pretty obvious it's so pretty you'll be afraid to use it. I can be there in a day or so to help you free up that space for something you won't be afraid to use :grin:

So after looking at this carefully it's pretty obvious it's so pretty you'll be afraid to use it. I can be there in a day or so to help you free up that space for something you won't be afraid to use :grin:

Aaahhh, like your sense of humor Bart. I'll save you the trip. No fear here, I am using it more than my mill. :encourage:

Back