Men and our Prostate Glands

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I’m new to the time honored condition of restricted urinary tracts.
Now that I’m retired and 65 years old, it seems I have now entered the gentleman’s club.

So, what can you tell me?
What potions have you found that relieves this malady?

I endured the digital salute this morning to find all is well in my nether region! Thank goodness!
My PSA is in the low numbers, @ 1.6.

This thread is open to any and all who have found ways to get things moving again.

Cheers,

The doc's have meds, Flowmax is one IIRC, what I use is is from Costco, Prostate plus vitamins. I have seen adds on TV showing pulse/sound therapy is what I think it was.

The doc's have meds, Flowmax is one IIRC, what I use is is from Costco, Prostate plus vitamins. I have seen adds on TV showing pulse/sound therapy is what I think it was.
Did it help?

Well, if you get an Rx for urinary catheters, frequent use can sometimes help stretch/dilate things. I’ll leave it to you to decide which is the lesser evil.

I was beginning to experience symptoms, but then they seem to have abated. That is, apart from the sudden urgency whenever I go out to the shop. Something about the cold air or some such. Good thing my neighbors are out of sight. Still only getting up once a night, unless consumption of beer is involved.

My dad had Prostrate cancer in his 70s, another bout in early 80s, eventually lead to bladder and colon cancer that took him.

With his history, i've had a urologist for some time, so been bending over for what seems like forever. Never had a measurable PSA, but have been on Avodart for over a decade. Tried the OTC supplements/vitamins, but did nothing for me. Originally prescribed Avodart due to low flow, no measurable PSA, no sex issues. Low flow followed by a little dribble at the end, which lead to occasional wet spots on clothes.

Drugs not a quick fix, so they added Flomax. Took a while to shrink the prostrate, but did at least finally shrunk enough to get a steady stream, even if still a bit slow, with no dribble. Later Flomax was determined to be cause of my dizziness (especially when outside in the summer sun), so they stopped it years ago. Still on Avodart.

Discussions with Urologist revealed that after the prostrate shrinkage happens to whatever level it will go to, one does not to be on a daily dosage any longer. Took Avodart on and off for a while, but flow always seemed to slow down when off; could have been my imagination. Have stayed daily for past several years. Avodart also supposed to cut PSA reading in half.

Apparently one Avodart long term side affect is can lead to sexual dysfunction issues. Doctor recommends I stay on it, despite the risk. Wants to perform a visualization procedure and discuss some former European surgical options when I go back in fall (not the roto-rooter). Will see.

I feel that my prostate health is better, but I never really had urinary issues. My C-pap has helped me sleep through the night. If you get into the rem sleep your kidneys sleep to, and decrease urine output.

Back