My dream machine- coming true!

Hey Jess

I actually didn't pay for it straight like that (long story)..

I see lathes like this going for about $4G with no accessories sometimes. This guy was asking less than $3G loaded up like crazy.

Imam going to sell or part out my old one, as the ways are warn but the mechanics are all running great.

Bernie

Look at this crazy SB accessory I never saw before! Even though mine is a 1965, this accessory is in the 1960 catalog:

uvy7u3eb.jpg

e5ygypen.jpg

This crazy, heavy Turret toolpost that replaces the compound. Very beautifully made! Wow. I'm not selling it, but has anyone seen this for sale and know what it is worth? Not much comes up on Google or eBay.

It looks as though the guy had dupes of quite a few things that I won't need, like some spindle to MT2 Sleeves etc. I may consider selling them, as they are like new.

Bernie

Look at this crazy SB accessory I never saw before! Even though mine is a 1965, this accessory is in the 1960 catalog:

uvy7u3eb.jpg

e5ygypen.jpgT

This crazy, heavy Turret toolpost that replaces the compound. Very beautifully made! Wow. I'm not selling it, but has anyone seen this for sale and know what it is worth? Not much comes up on Google or eBay.

It looks as though the guy had dupes of quite a few things that I won't need, like some spindle to MT2 Sleeves etc. I may consider selling them, as they are like new.

Bernie
The tool post would most likely bring about $150 to the right buyer and the turret around $350, again to the right buyer. Most of us are not looking for turret accessories but if you need one you need it. Keith:thumbsup:

I am a great believer in "what goes around comes around". Obviously you are a nice guy who deserves this. Pleased for you and thanks for sharing.

if you do decide to sell the 10L spindle to mt2 adapter sleeve i would like to buy it from you. i am in the philly area and could come pick it up or something. send me a pm if you are interested.

Thanks

Todd

if you do decide to sell the 10L spindle to mt2 adapter sleeve i would like to buy it from you. i am in the philly area and could come pick it up or something. send me a pm if you are interested.

Thanks

Todd

Hey Todd!

When I finish testing things and make sure what I am keeping is actually runs "true" etc I will write you back about it.

If we do it, I'll mail it you- too much gas coming from Philly!

Bernie

I like your enthusiasm! Last april 2012 I got my first lathe, tore it completely down, cleaned it; and actually put it back together after many anxiety attackes!!!!

your lathe is a lot better than my 9A but hey, they're all good!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Todd!

When I finish testing things and make sure what I am keeping is actually runs "true" etc I will write you back about it.

If we do it, I'll mail it you- too much gas coming from Philly!

Bernie

sounds good to me, yea gas is gas thats where a company car comes in handy ha. nice machine its a good score

Bernie,

That is a great story. What makes it so it the friendship and commitment to treat the machine with the utmost of care.

That is a nice Micrometer. South bend used that design so the operator could really get the apron deep upfront as needed. Congrats and enjoy your machine, and invite your seller friend up often to share in some memories.

Back