My son died of a heroin overdose.

I'm sad for your loss.

My nephew recently went down a similar path, however we were lucky. He was arrested for several property crimes and ended up spending some time in jail and is still under house arrest (nearly 2 yrs) with an ankle bracelet. We were fortunate that he was forced to clean up his act, but are still worried about what will happen when he's not subject to monitoring and drug testing.

It's crazy how heroin completely engulfed his life and how fast he deteriorated. We were completely in the dark about the whole situation and in all likely hood we could have easily ended up where you find yourself now.

He's a smart kid and could do anything he wants, it's an incredibly addicting drug and I get the feeling we're going to be worrying about our nephew for many many years to come.

Not sure what I'm trying to say, but we have the same fear you've experienced and as many above have mentioned, I can't comprehend your loss, and hope I'll never have to experience the same.

Thoughts and Prayers to You and Your Family.

Awful to read this, so sorry. Truly it is not right when you outlive your child. You are left with the duty of being strong, hopefully we are helping here.

Erik, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I have a son, my only child, and if I lost him I cannot even imagine the devastation that would bring. My heartfelt condolences to you, your family and his family.

I'm so hurt to hear this news I have dealt with it several times, it is very traumatic. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I’m very sorry to hear this, my family has lost a few members, to drugs over the recent years, it can be devastating to a family. The family does all it can, but the siren call of the drug, can be a overpowerIng force. Sometimes the family wins, sometimes the drug wins. All I can do is keep you and your family in my prayers.

So sorry to hear of your loss, truly devastating to you and your family. Wonder what the family member who gave him the money was thinking? Oh, probably NOT thinking! My sincere condolences. Sammy

My condolences for your loss. This is really horrible news. This menace is really all around us.

Back