My son died of a heroin overdose.

Drugs can destroy people, whether they are illegal or prescription, and unfortunately it is too easy to fall down the rabbit hole and never come back. Heroin addiction has been on the rise, and fentanyl has been pouring into the US with devastating results. So sorry about your loss and how devastating it must be, sometimes you do everything you can but it is still not enough. Have seen this happen to others, both friends and patients, it tears your heart out.

I was saddened when I saw the title this morning, so much more saddened when I saw that it was you that posted it and it was your son that has passed, it became much more personal to me, since we have corresponded in the past; I feel that I know you, and share your pain.
John York

Erik,

I am sitting here with tears welling up in my eyes.
I know that no words I have are enough.

It is so frustrating to think of the huge loss of potential when someone so young dies.

You and your family must be devastated.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

-brino

Erik,

Words cannot express how much sorrow I feel at this news, my heart goes out to you, your family and especially his daughter. Over the past months I feel like I've gotten to know you a little and consider all the members here as extended family. If there is anything we can do at this time, or any time in the future please let us know.

Addiction is a terrible disease and one that is so poorly understood. Loosing a child must be the worst pain anyone can have to deal with, take whatever time you need and don't hesitate to reach out for help.

You are in my heart.

John

So sorry to hear the news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

Bruce

Erik, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have two sons and I cannot even bring myself to think of such a loss.

My thoughts and my prayers will be with you and hope you find the strength to endure your loss and forgive your family member.

Mike

Erik, it's so sad to hear the news especially in these troubled times, my sincerest condolences.

Back