Need Help! Starrett 12" Machinist Level Problem

The Pratt Whitney is the ultimate precision level, but is hard to find. Very rare.
I have the Starrett 8" that I use for general leveling for pouring urethane plastics. Not critical. The Pratt Whitney is the Holy grail. I hope you're able to fix your Starrett.
See:

Yes, I agree with the P&W level assessment; I had a Starrett .0005" 12' level until I found a P&W on e bay; when I sold my business, it was the P&W that went home with me. The accuracy is the same with both of them, but I think the P&W is nicer made. I also built up a KINGWAY universal alignment tool, for it I got .00035 level vials ( the company offered them cheaper than the .0005 vials.

Grizzly offers their Master Precision Level series that are accurate to .0005 in 10 inches. The 8 inch is $80. I have the 12 inch which is $112. It's excellent.

As much as you want this level, I would start a return through Ebay. The seller hid the defect. That's deceptive.
Ebay will side with you and the seller will even have to pay for return shipping costs.

Well that's not going to happen. You bumped a thread that is almost 2 yrs old.

oops.....but, It's still important for Ebay buyers to know that they can return items.

Back