Noga Question

dlane

Active User
Registered
After reading about how great Noga indicator holders are I decided to get one . Is there a trick to the fine adjustment , didn't come with any directions, screwing the knob in or out dosn't change anything on the indicator clamp holder, there is a red button that dosn't do anything eather. Did I get a defective one ?.
Took the knob out , there is what looks like a ball bearing down there , I can manually pull the end down but the knob dosn't do it.
Any advice ?.
Thanks

image.jpeg

Looks like an excellent tool, a dovetail and several round bores for different tools with a fine adjustment at the end, the red button probably does nothing. I personally would not buy one as I already have indicator holders from the past. I also would not hold a 0005" indicator in a long flexible shaft tool but that is my personal preference. For lathe work I use an old Lufkin surface gauge modified for indicators, like so (without modifications), very fine adjustment and the rod may be made as long as needed. It doesn't flex much.
$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

I have the same holder. If you turn the thumbscrew all the way in it should push the holder away from the screw. If you back it too far out it does nothing.
Also, your holder should have come with a warning label that says: NEVER PUSH THE RED BUTTON!
(Seriously, I think it just covers a hole related to the hinge mechanism)
R

The thumbscrew needs to go in farther. The red button is not a button. Just operate the thumbscrew.
As the thumbscrew is turned the indicator end will move ever so slowly.

It is new, Enco reg 13? Got it 74, if it had a plunger it would work
KD mine don't do that
Wreck: I have those
This is defective , I turned knob in till the knurlers started deforming with plyers on knob, nothing !.
It's going back, tried to exchange Just the end but no go, the base is week too.

There you go, turning me into a liar about how good Noga stuff is! ;-)

There you go, turning me into a liar about how good Noga stuff is! ;-)

Maybe someone else screwed it up, returned it and seller restocked it ???
Weak base? Note that there are two strengths of bases supplied by NOGA.
My Noga FAT stands are excellent. Use them on .0005'' and .0001'' indicators.
Derrick, sorry that you got a dud for a first one.

Last edited:
Back