Please post pictures of your projects

Finished this project out of necessity.

Nice job on the angle. What did you face it with? Looks like a huge fly cutter. I have a couple of cheap cast iron angles that I need to get out and true up on the surface grinder. Just never sure how to hold them while cutting. How did you hold yours?

Jeff

Charlie,

Now that's a honker! Nice work.

It looks like your shop has come a long way from the first pictures I remember. How's the sharpening business working out?

Steve

Charlie,that angle plate looks like out was made from a large piece of steel angle iron. How large is it? Nicely finished.
One time I pulled up to his shop just because I was in town. He happened to be there,with a plate of 1" thick brass 2 feet square on his truck. He sold it to me for $10.00!!!!
I'll have to re measure it when I get to my shop as I forgot what size it was, I have 2 of them but just use the other as-is on my welding table, I may do the same with it someday but then I'll have to keep it away from my welder so it doesn't get screwed up by splatter. That's a sweet deal on the brass, I just paid that for a small drop.

Nice job on the angle. What did you face it with? Looks like a huge fly cutter. I have a couple of cheap cast iron angles that I need to get out and true up on the surface grinder. Just never sure how to hold them while cutting. How did you hold yours?
Jeff
I have a real nice fly cutter that I used, I just clamped 1 leg in my Kurt with the other leg horizontal then reversed it, it came out dead nuts square.

Charlie,

Now that's a honker! Nice work.

It looks like your shop has come a long way from the first pictures I remember. How's the sharpening business working out?

Steve
Thanks & thanks, The sharpening is still in limbo at the moment, I need to buy a few new wheels & my unemployment doesn't strech far enough to cover my regular bills let alone any new stuff.

Ditto on the shop Charley. You have come a long way in a short time. Congratulations.

"Billy G"

Back