Please post pictures of your projects

Motopreserve

Thanks for the pictures. I want to build something like this for my bicycle. I had not thought to look on ebay for vintage glass lenses. Thanks for the pictures. I went and looked at your site very cool stuff. Look forward to more project post by you.

Jeff

Motopreserve

Thanks for the pictures. I want to build something like this for my bicycle. I had not thought to look on ebay for vintage glass lenses. Thanks for the pictures. I went and looked at your site very cool stuff. Look forward to more project post by you.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Pretty simple, but here it is!

Snap-caps for my 16Ga side-by-side.

Made of acrylic with a brass "primer", steel spring and steel 1/2-13 setscrew.

The old, store-bought ones broke(the rim cracked off)

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

I got a samsung galaxy tab 2 for fathers day. For those of you that are like me and don't know what that is....it is basicaly a computer with no keyboard to aggrivate old guys with calouses on their fingers(touch screen ignores me)
It did alot of sitting around...I used it once and awhile but not much.
Then I saw Yuriy's DRO project...sounded like a good use for the thing...but I figured that I'd never get it to work.
After reading through his site many times I decided that it was pretty step by step so thought I'd try it. (I did the texas instruments launchpad version)
Got all the pieces....did all the wiring....downloaded the app to the tablet...but couldn't get the programing on the controller.
Didn't take my son long to get that done....course I helped:lmao:

I housed it in the little blue electrical box (still need to mount it)
Now I need to build a stand for the tablet so it will sit on the shelf nice.
It is on my lathe with one igaging and one acupro guage.
Recently got a smart phone to that makes me feel real dumb...can download the app and use it for a dro also I guess:phew:. Tell the wife don't call me I'm on the lathe with my smart phone:lmao:busy.
I used an old cell phone charger to power it.
Yuriystoys.com is his website on his projects....
CIMG2093.JPGCIMG2094.JPG

CIMG2093.JPG CIMG2094.JPG

That's some mighty fine work Russ. Way to make use of what might typically annoy. :)

That's some mighty fine work Russ. Way to make use of what might typically annoy.

Thanks much. I was initialy sceptical of the idea cause I wasn't sure if there was a 4th didgit .0000

There is and it is usable... somewhat...I think I may need the capacitors on the outputs to eliminate interference.
The igaging and acupro have the 4th only in .0005 incroments I think ...they are half sized numbers on an already small display...on the tablet the numbers are at least full sized and readable.

Nice work on the lights by the way..Reminds me of a 1940 ford convertable I worked on that had cadilac taillights

That's a really neat job you've done there Russ, now saved in my projects folder for when I have acquired the skills..I'm thinking I could make one to fit on my lathes T slotted cross slide, with the cutter on an arbor between centres

Bernard

That's a really neat job you've done there Russ, now saved in my projects folder for when I have acquired the skills..I'm thinking I could make one to fit on my lathes T slotted cross slide, with the cutter on an arbor between centres

Thank you for the kind words.

I remember seeing a set up for a dividing head on a lathe. I think it was in an old machinery book. It was a neat set up that included a centering end(like having a tailstock) that was on a round shaft that had it's reciever hole in the dividing head. The tailstock limited the diameter that could be cut.
I've never used a tailstock with this...I've cut alum, plastic, and 4140 gears...I always cut full depth(that did motivate me to add a coolant system)

For ridgidity purposes maybe attaching to the cross slide would be better...plus give you more room for larger diameters.

I have been considering building one that tilts as I have been doing some angled gears...but for now my other dividing head will have to do...tilting for lathe cross slide...:thinking: that might just be a good project.

- - - Updated - - -

That is beautiful work Ray. I may copy that one

Huh...what....you talking to me...huh are ya????

If so then I'm sure I could help you along:rofl::lmao::rofl::lmao:

Just kidding you could do it in your sleep.

I nominate you to build it angle adjusable.

If you weren't talking to me disregard this.

It's RUSS

Charlie,that angle plate looks like out was made from a large piece of steel angle iron. How large is it? Nicely finished.

I have a Roll In bandsaw,which has a cast iron "angle plate"(their name) that you clamp metal against to hold it while sawing. It is about 6" tall,and has a 1/2" hole drilled near each top corner for a clamp to go through. One of the corners broke off. I have a 6" x 6" steel angle plate section I'm thinking about making a replacement for the cast iron "angle plate" out of. At least steel won't break,and Roll In wants way over $100.00 for a replacement part. My journeyman broke it while I had the saw at my shop in the museum. I should have had the museum replace it,but did not for some reason. I guess I knew making a steel one was a better choice. I used the saw for several years at work as I had no place to keep it at home. Then,I built this larger shop and moved,fortunately! When I retired and took my numerous things home,I really filled up my larger shop,being a tool pig,and with a rather strange machinery dealer in Richmond who very often nearly gave stuff away. Then,other times,he'd price something used at over retail!! Never could figure him out. I think it had to do with what he paid for the item. He sold me a $2000.00 boring head set,brand new,for $250.00. It did not have a shank. He thought it was incomplete. The set did not COME with the shank. You bought one to fit your own machine!! Another time,he was convinced that a 1950's Hardinge HLV was a recent machine,and wanted several times what it was worth for it. I have a 1964 HLVH,and knew perfectly well the HLV was a much older machine,and had way more wear. But,he'd never listen. I owe him a great deal though,as I could never have afforded many of my nicest things except for him selling them cheap.

One time I pulled up to his shop just because I was in town. He happened to be there,with a plate of 1" thick brass 2 feet square on his truck. He sold it to me for $10.00!!!!

Back