PM-1228VF-LB

Man this thing is heavy and after trips to Home Depot and Harbor Freight; got it rigged up for installation on the base tomorrow.
Matt filled me in on what some of the extra nuts-bolts-brackets were for.

Went smoothly except for neighbor lady who stopped by to see what was up when it was hanging in the air :mad: (think she's a husband hunter & my wife wasn't pleased), garage door closed from now on.

Stopped at Walmart and picked up cookie sheets for my chip collection :)

Attachments

• PM 1228vflb 10.jpg
    PM 1228vflb 10.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 266
  • PM 1228vflb 11.jpg
    PM 1228vflb 11.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 248
  • PM 1228vflb 12.jpg
    PM 1228vflb 12.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 276
Never would have thought a Precision Matthews lathe could be used as a “pickup” tool. It must be quite a looker;-)

Haha, maybe I should keep my garage open instead of closed all the time! :big grin: Then again there's no one in my neighborhood that walks by worth keeping the door open for.

I'm in a cul de sac too, however, couldn't close the garage door due to lathe proximity.
Interest must have been the lathe, cause I'm no catch - Just a retired home hobby machinist with a mean wife.

Finally in its spot. Phew, it was a moving experience.
Starting the shipping grease removal process. I've been smiling all day just taking my time cleaning and oiling. Hope to make some chips in the not to distant future. A buddy has already contacted me asking about making some bushings for his lawn tractor.

Attachments

• lathe in place 1.jpg
    lathe in place 1.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 281
I recently Received mine I've been working on its trying to get it to run .the carriage doesn't move very smooth. This is what I found and still working on it moves but not to smooth. And yes I Adjusted the gibs

Attachments

• 20200307_104432.jpg
    20200307_104432.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 244
Ozbusa, When you had the carriage apart. Is there any chance that you saw a way to adjust the control wheel gear to keep it engaged? My carriage doesn't move very smoothly either. And I do not like having to push in on the control wheel while turning it. I will probably disassemble my carriage as you did in order to help with the movement. Any tips on doing that. Thanks, Ric

Back