PM-1228VF-LB

I just offered the option that if you wanted to upgrade to something like the 1236T you could, its a different class of machine, and it was what came in to my head to offer as an option. It ain't like we said too bad and left you stuck. Last you said the other day was with all this going on right now (Worldwide virus) you would get back to us after that clears up. And I said not a problem.

Anyway, Point is, if you or anyone has a problem with anything at any machine, let us know, that's why we are here. We always figure something out, no one is ever stuck. Sure moving a new machine in isnt the easiest thing, but most vendors out there would say too bad and stop answering the phone or emails like I hear about all too often. (Not Grizzly, they are fine. But many others, I get that story at least weekly - But for some reason people still keep buying from them)

Back to the lathe, I have also been working with the people at the factory since I was made aware of this last week, they are aware and will be taken care of. If theres a problem and it comes up, just email us. (Not on here, I don't check too often)

Things happen, but the one thing I can say about us is they are ALWAYS taken care of and corrected.

I was not trying to bash you or pm at all. I was just letting aj know what I had we received are machine about the the same time and I have spent over 60 hrs on it and still to get to work now with time I will spend more time on it . I have a 727v that I I truly love it works great and I can move any handle on it with 1 finger . That is why I spend the money on a brand lathe I thought for that kind of money it would be the same as the mill. But to my surprise it wasn't . I didn't want to spend any more money then I all ready spent this was at the top of my budget and if I was to get 12x36 I would spend more on a vdf and a new motor to get the option that I have with this one .

Stating a problem is really not bashing, I just replied since someone emailed me and pointed it out. I wanted everyone to know we are here if anything is needed. No need to put that much time in to it, we can always exchange it out too or just send it back. The fit on the smaller Chinese lathes is never going to be what they are on the Taiwan machines, but it definitely should be better than that. So thats why the 1236T came to mind as an offer. Yes more money too, but also higher end. (MOST chinese lathes out there are much worse than that, they work, and they wear in, but definitely not ideal) Thats why I had them investigate at the factory like in the picture, it will be handled.

PM can you tell me what size the 3 phase motor on the 1236t I'm looking in the cost of the power install and yes I know we can't do anything at this time

The 1236GT has a 1.5Hp motor, the 1340GT has a 2 Hp motor. The stock 3 phase motors do fine with a VFD, I recommend the Hitachi WJ200 or the Teco E510 which can be paired with an external braking resistor. I do not recommend the HY, Teco L510 or generic VFDs for a lathe application. My experience with others doing a basic VFD install, is it can be done for around $400-500 inclusive of the cost of the VFD. You retain the stock control system and remove the high voltage motor wiring and use the contactors to switch the VFD low voltage inputs. Alternative is to go with a single phase version. Worth considering if you are looking for a higher quality machine.

Thanks a ton so with the VFD I can run 120 or do I need to run 240 -220

Has any one done a write up on this or is there a another thread on it

VFD's for 2 Hp are 230VAC single phase input. Attached is the last version of the basic conversion which applies to the 1340GT, only difference would be the motor size/kW setting for the 1236GT. I have some additional info on enclosure recommendations if needed. The information is a starting point and assumes you are comfortable with high voltage wiring and can do it in accordance with electrical code. I recommend people program the VFD's via the front panel, quite easy once you try. I recently built a 1340GT system and tried to program the VFD via the current Hitachi software and it was not compatible with the current WJ200 models. I contacted Hitachi Tech. support but never heard back from them. In the past, they just referred the problem back to Japan where change is slow.

Attachments

• PM1340GT BASIC VFD CONVERSION USING THE STOCK CONTROL SYSTEM AND CONTROLS revised 02 MAR 2018.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 102
  • 1340GT Two way Joystick Jog using For and Rev contactors for Hitachi WJ200.pdf
    296.7 KB · Views: 99
Thanks mjks you are full of very important info thank you for sharing it was with you !

Back