Show Us Your Classic and Sports Cars

RandyM

Tell us about the hydraulics (pneumatics ?) in the trunk of that beautiful 57 Vette.

Ted

Ted, those are the hydraulics to run the power top. It was an option for the car. My stepdad bought the car brand new off the show room floor back in December of 1956. He claimed that the power top never worked from the day he took delivery of it. All the hydraulics are new and rebuilt and now and work perfectly as they should. Up on doing so, there were signs they did try to make it work long ago. The '57 has been fully restored for 2 years now. The thing is a blast to drive.

My 88.5 Samurai, thrice rebuilt in the last 20 years. Now contains parts from at least 10 other Samurais, plus some hand picked parts from Toyota Celica, Mitsubishi pickup, Subaru GL, YJ Heep, Geo Tracker, GM LS, and some other Frankenstein optimizations I can't remember right now. Yes, I love ituser49404_pic3565_1238024564.jpg

And my unicorn Euro spec factory VTEC Honda CRX. I imported it when I moved back to the US, the first one in the country. Does 150 mph on the Autobahn, and I'm stuck in 3rd gear on the highway in the US. Love this car.
FB_IMG_1440245373399.jpgFB_IMG_1493754704047.jpgFB_IMG_1441999085803.jpg

My project cars are my 73 Cuda and 78 Z-28 (no photo). Both are stripped for restoration. I haven't touched them in over a year, but I plan to get back to them...soon, likely later. I've owned these cars for 35+ years. The 70 convertible was to be my retirement project, but someone(s) felt they were entitled to it and stole it along with my tractor, attachments, dump trailer, and tons of other stuff, including bumpers and the interior for the 73. It's been a little over a year, and I'm certain it was parted out immediately - non-op'd and not insured - ouch.

Attachments

• 73 front.jpeg
    73 front.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 73 side.jpeg
    73 side.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 73 R.jpeg
    73 R.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 70.jpeg
    70.jpeg
    607.9 KB · Views: 18
Bittersweet topic for me.

When I met my wife in ‘99 I had a Triumph Herald & TR4, plus my ‘78 Honda Civic race car. Daily was the F250 I still own which is all I have left from back then.

Here’s the Civic.

IMG_4436.jpeg

John

Didn't want to be the first one to post a Honda Civic, but since that line has already been crossed...

Here's my original owner, 91 Civic EF hatch. Drove it nearly 300,000 miles as a street car, continually modifying it for tech stories in Sport Compact Car and Honda Tuning magazines. In 2004 we put a cage in it to run NASA Honda Challenge.
TimeAttack'04-006 copy.jpg
Thawley Civic AX.jpg
Thawley Civic Fontana.jpg

This is my buddy's '99 Civic Si that got me into the Bonneville 200MPH Club...
Progess '03 front sml.jpg
Progress '03 rear sml.jpg

Bittersweet topic for me.

When I met my wife in ‘99 I had a Triumph Herald & TR4, plus my ‘78 Honda Civic race car. Daily was the F250 I still own which is all I have left from back then.

Here’s the Civic.
Remind me what ITX was? I have a only vague memory of it as an regional experiment in the SCCA wonder years... Looks like fun.

This is my midlife crisis toy. Owned since 2001. A very late 66 Mark 1A Sunbeam Tiger.
View attachment 482829
My autoshop teacher Keith Crawford was big into those. Probably could have picked one up for a few grand back in 1983, but I wasn't that smart.

John

Back