Show Us Your Classic and Sports Cars

Remind me what ITX was? I have a only vague memory of it as an regional experiment in the SCCA wonder years... Looks like fun.
ITX = not fast enough for ITC. Was a special class in SF Region that had a few cars at that time (late '90's)

I was the second slowest car in the club, faster than the Renault Alliance but slower than the Fiat X19. However, when it rained....

Boy howdy could I just drive past those Datsun 510's with my FWD :grin:

John

Here is our '86 MR2. My wife and I bought this car new in May of 1986 BC (Before Children). Lots of happy memories. Stock except for suspension. Handles like it is on rails. The most reliable car I have ever owned.
Mister Two.jpg

And here is my Birkin S3, a replica of a mid-60's Lotus Seven. I built this in 2001 from a basic kit - frame with the body panels attached, and the rest in boxes. It has a stock Ford Focus Zetec that makes about 140hp, and Miata gearbox. Weighs 1220lbs and is 10 ft. long. Its done track days, autocross and road tours as far away as San Francisco. Pic is from a few years ago but it hasn't changed. Driving it still puts a silly grin on my face after 23 years.....

birkin1.jpg

And, for a change of pace a couple of Cadillacs. My dad drove a Cadillac when he could afford it and a Chevy when he couldn't. His '68 Fleetwood Sixty Special is the one that hooked me on these beasts. I never had room for one until I retired and we built our house and shop. The green one is a '65 Coupe DeVille, the silver is a '70 Sedan DeVille. Hadn't driven one since the '80s when I bought the '65 - I had forgotten just how enormous these things are.....

Caddy.jpg
Inked70 caddy front.jpg

I was the second slowest car in the club, faster than the Renault Alliance

John
My dad had an 1983 Alliance. The best it could do was only 72 mph in 4th and same speed in 5th, on flat superslab. When we were in France in ‘91, we rented a Renault 5, looked like a mini, and it topped out at 130 kph. When in the Alps the speed was dropping faster than the altitude was going up!
Pierre

'63 VW Double-cab pickup.
Tried to buy a '68 from a co-worker in '76. He backed out, I kept looking. Found this one in '90.
It didn't look this good.

View attachment 482739
I have fond memories of spending lunch breaks @ a mobile home factory in Lebanon Oregon in one of these with a bunch of like minded individuals smoking pot before going back to work. This was in ‘71 or ‘72.
The double cab VW was pale green, & I think he paid $300. for it.
And BTW i no longer advocate this kind of behavior.

Forgot my DD
88 CRX.jpg

I have fond memories of spending lunch breaks @ a mobile home factory in Lebanon Oregon in one of these with a bunch of like minded individuals smoking pot before going back to work. This was in ‘71 or ‘72.
The double cab VW was pale green, & I think he paid $300. for it.
And BTW i no longer advocate this kind of behavior.
Why, because it's legal now?

Did a lot of that myself in my old submarine hatch '58. It was a matter of pride to be able to go back and do your job.

I can't remember but is your beautiful 56 with duel quads a 283 270 H.P. motor. Thanks.

Charles, the '57 has dual 4 barrels and a 3 speed manual gearbox. This is an early '57, the 4-speeds came later in the production year.

Love the participation. Keep the cars coming. :encourage:

Back