Show us your Milling Machine modifications.

First added the DROs.
View attachment 49510
Then came the home made power feed.
View attachment 49508
Then to make life a little easier for me I added sockets to the two main things I tighten, the vise and draw bar. This way I can use the 3/8" ratchet for both.
View attachment 49516View attachment 49515

Then made spindle lock because kept loosing the handle. Had to put it on an angle because of LED lights I made and added around spindle.
View attachment 49513

Made hand wheel for x axis after buying one for y.
View attachment 49511

Made hand wheel for fine feed and realigned so now it turns super easy.
View attachment 49512

Added air spring conversion and then put z stop on it after the stop on the column for z broke in half...bad casting.
It is a crazy looking stop. I just dop rod in postion and tighten screw.

View attachment 49514

Added stop blocks on x and then added microswitches to the center stop which causes the power feed to reverse direction.
View attachment 49517

Shot of the mill.
View attachment 49509

Ed

For Randy, I started on this, this week, but I am no good without pics (dead battery) like yours my two
base bolts are longer channel iron over the top with cast wheels, then crank on the two 1inch nuts
at the same time and all 3000lbs comes off the floor not much but enough to roll. My big problem is the
rear, a big coolant pump sticking out. Thats step 2. Today work suspended, my son bought a one inch
capable plasma cutter suppose to arrive today. Cant wait ta get my paws on that. sam

Sounds like you got it all figured out Sam. Can't wait until you get those batteries recharged. 1 inch plasma cutter, Holy Smoke!:lmao:

I made a stubby handle for my table, the factory one was just to long for me. A guard for over my DRO scale and wider & taller vise jaws. Since my Dro scale is on the front of my table I made new stops but rarely use them.

2012 006.jpg

Dang Randy, that's one sexy machine, but I'm still mad at you for not sending or bring that elbow grease down here to West Texas for me!!!
:roflmao:

These are GREAT! Keep 'em coming. I just thought of an other one. Maybe over the top but, here are my t-slot covers.

OH, and you can just see the brush hook on the front.

Table_Cover-1.JPG Table_Cover-2.JPG

I made a stubby handle for my table, the factory one was just to long for me. A guard for over my DRO scale and wider & taller vise jaws. Since my Dro scale is on the front of my table I made new stops but rarely use them.

Bill

My compliments on your table stops.

I've been deciding whether to put my DRO on the front or rear face of the table. Your stops are helping me make a final decision!

100_0358.JPG

Here is my new GO 727 Grizzly mill with DRO's and home built power feed using an ICBM control surface motor. It is a nice little mill but like the Atlas it does not have enough headroom from cutter to table only about six inches that is about to change.

100_0358.JPG

100_0389.JPG

This block was made out of a piece of heavy wall tubing with a half inch plate at each end to cap it, it also has a solid aluminum block inside the main surfaces have been milled this will be the spacer for the column.

100_0389.JPG

100_0392.JPG

This shows a new knee screw made six inches longer and bigger in diameter. This also shows the new dove tail I made and the block in place with all mounting holes drilled.

100_0392.JPG

100_0406.JPG

Here is the new block mounted painted and dove tail installed it works and fits perfect!!

100_0406.JPG

Back