Show us your Milling Machine modifications.

I would say show us the pics everyone can benfit from other ideas what could be wrong with that.. Ray

Found this Stanley tape measure. Housing had been severely damaged.

Opened it up, 25 foot roll of good measuring tape. Just cut off 1 foot of damaged tape.

Charl

mill ruler.jpg

Hey Randy that Mill should be on display at the Bridgeport musieum I would be scared to use that thing, very nice restoration. Nice to see some of the other mods good work by all. I guess I will have to do my bridge after seeing this.

100_0411.JPG

I made another modification to my mill the knee or table cranked up with a 4 inch handle like this it was very hard to crank because there is only 1 1/2 inches between the center of the shaft and the handle. It made it feel like the gibs where to tight when in fact they where loose. On with the Mod!!

100_0411.JPG

100_0410.JPG

So I made a new crank I knurled an adapter to hold the dial and hold the new crank and still bolt on in the center the crank is now 4 inches long and makes a world of differance. But I wanted the crank to do more on to the next photo..

100_0410.JPG

100_0412.JPG

The crank comes off exposing a 10mm alan wrench that I use to tighten up my collet instead of the allen wrench they sent which was to short I can use the knurled part to grasp and turn for real fine adjustment when I want to sneak up on things.. That is all for now.. Ray

100_0412.JPG

Back