Summer Get Together

Here are quotes from the original thread:
Is there any interest in a very casual meeting in Dayton MN this summer?
If I get word back suggesting that we have three or more (biblical reference) interested, then I will ask my wife to look at the calendar.
I'm thinking June or July, before daughter Ellen returns from Madagascar. Note: I haven't asked Liz (the wife yet).

Daryl
MN

I would be interested in going to Dayton this summer. If we get enough members we might be able to pick up one of Daryl's giant machines and carry it into the garage for him!

Bill

I'm interested, but don't count me in the primary three. Can I make a "day before" decision if I can make it?

Also, I like the "gathering" concept enough that I will make the same offer at my shop (garage) in Des Moines. My shop would be the "let's see what you can do with a few bench sized import machines and no machinist background" theme!

Jim

Daryl
sure,Dayton close
Rick

I'm ready for a good get together again---Dave----PS I think that makes more than 3 now so lets get on with it!

Is it wrong I had to look up where Dayton was? I might be up for it, is it a social event, learning event, bull session? My schedule at work is quite "interesting".

Shoot its been a year and I have't met Dave for coffee at hy-vee yet???

I would certainly be interested in a casual summertime get together. Lowlife, to answer your question, the last get together we had was social, learning, eating, and bull session all rolled into one.

The wifes confirms she is game for a July or early June Saturday or Sunday gathering.
I'm trying to pin her down.
Is there a preference for a Saturday or Sunday?
Suggestions for a start time?
Depending on travel time this becomes a critical question.

Daryl
MN

Don't schedule anything around me but Fathers Day weekend would be out for sure. I have worked the last 20 in a row.

I'd be in trouble at home!

Daryl
MN

I've been warned that July 4th and 5th are off limits.
Looks like the first weekend is the 4th/5th.
Sorry.
Management already spoke on that one.

Daryl
MN

If it sounds as though we might potentially get multiple attendees, would anyone be offended if I attempt to score a sponsor for the gathering?

Here is a conceptual plan:

Tried and True opens at 1000 on Saturdays.
Anyone interested convenes at Tried and True at 1000. Bring your wish list.
All of you show at my place at 1200-100pm ish, 15minutes drive from T&T.
T&T buys the hamburgers/bratwurst (I have not yet asked them if they are interested/willing).
We invite the T&T crew to join us when they close.

Terry Werm (Wermie) does a presentation on firearms and black powder firearm machining.

If there is interest I'll try to get my local steel supplier to attend and do a very informal Q&A on metals. He's not a speaker, no powerpoint! But, he has alot of data in his head and if available would enjoy the informal dialogue. Additionally, if any of you have any metal needs and are interested in a pre-order, then I'm guessing he will be very willing to fill those orders at an attractive discount (again I've not yet talked with him about this). He may be willing to do some hands-on TIG, OA, and heat treating demos/training with my equipment. He does a lot of weld fab. Advise if interested.

I spoke with Richard King today. If the group would like I can ask him to do a demo on scraping or on setting / leveling machines.

If anyone wants to run any of my equipment bring metal stock and a plan. Come early or stay late. Take all of your fingers home with you when you leave.
I'm hoping for requests for an early rise and a very late night.

I'm trying to make this a value added session.

Ideas?
Concerns?
Thoughts?

No, I don't have a date set....

Daryl
MN

If it sounds as though we might potentially get multiple attendees, would anyone be offended if I attempt to score a sponsor for the gathering?

Here is a conceptual plan:

Tried and True opens at 1000 on Saturdays.
Anyone interested convenes at Tried and True at 1000. Bring your wish list.
All of you show at my place at 1200-100pm ish, 15minutes drive from T&T.
T&T buys the hamburgers/bratwurst (I have not yet asked them if they are interested/willing).
We invite the T&T crew to join us when they close.

Terry Werm (Wermie) does a presentation on firearms and black powder firearm machining.

If there is interest I'll try to get my local steel supplier to attend and do a very informal Q&A on metals. He's not a speaker, no powerpoint! But, he has alot of data in his head and if available would enjoy the informal dialogue. Additionally, if any of you have any metal needs and are interested in a pre-order, then I'm guessing he will be very willing to fill those orders at an attractive discount (again I've not yet talked with him about this). He may be willing to do some hands-on TIG, OA, and heat treating demos/training with my equipment. He does a lot of weld fab. Advise if interested.

I spoke with Richard King today. If the group would like I can ask him to do a demo on scraping or on setting / leveling machines.

If anyone wants to run any of my equipment bring metal stock and a plan. Come early or stay late. Take all of your fingers home with you when you leave.
I'm hoping for requests for an early rise and a very late night.

I'm trying to make this a value added session.

Ideas?
Concerns?
Thoughts?

No, I don't have a date set....

Daryl
MN
That all sounds great to me. I'll be free the weekend of the 11th (also the 4th but that's obviously out).

Had to look up TnT thought maybe it was a burger joint. Its not, and looks interesting. If I can make it I'd be up for bringing a salad, dessert, or whatever as well. Since my knowledge is very limited I can learn something about anything just by showing up, keeping my mouth shut and listening.

It all sounds good to this noob! I hope I can make it.

Jim

Back