The Voron kit build thread

It depends on the router, it's actually configuring the DHCP server so when a particular MAC address comes in for DHCP it assigns a fixed result. I've done it on a number of different network setups, and the naming and process isn't always the same. IP Reservation is generally the network term, but other terms may be used to describe it. One can assign addresses outside the DHCP range, or one can assign the address the device is already using. Some devices take awhile to follow an address change while others will follow it merely by unplugging their network cable or rebooting. Assigning the address they are already using avoids the need to change, but the DHCP server needs to be smart enough to avoid that address when assigning dynamically. Long ago I always kept it separate, but it seems that current setups don't get confused when fixed and dynamic overlap and it avoids having to change from where it is at the moment.

It depends on the router, it's actually configuring the DHCP server so when a particular MAC address comes in for DHCP it assigns a fixed result. I've done it on a number of different network setups, and the naming and process isn't always the same. IP Reservation is generally the network term, but other terms may be used to describe it. One can assign addresses outside the DHCP range, or one can assign the address the device is already using. Some devices take awhile to follow an address change while others will follow it merely by unplugging their network cable or rebooting. Assigning the address they are already using avoids the need to change, but the DHCP server needs to be smart enough to avoid that address when assigning dynamically. Long ago I always kept it separate, but it seems that current setups don't get confused when fixed and dynamic overlap and it avoids having to change from where it is at the moment.

Is this it? The bottom button, Mac and IP address Binding?

1700519279873.png

Nevermind. I found it, under LAN>Advanced>DCHP server configuration.
1700519792836.png

Last edited:
1700612160315.png

Doing some CAD hacking on the BearMera printhead to accept the XS Revo extruder / hotend variant. The XS motor is shorter, and the hotend is longer so it must be mounted higher into the plastic. There is also a cable clearance issue. So we're using OpenSCAD to hack away at the STL files. Printing another test in PETG, probably should be ABS, or at least the cooling duct should be. One option is to put a Stealthburner on this printer, I think I saw a mount for that someone designed. The Stealthburner has turned out to be a popular item.

The Pi form factor is pretty standard, however they did reverse the USB and Ethernet jack from the 3b to the 4b, and the 5 has gone back to the 3b format so the case openings are more nearly the 3 type, though there are some other connector changes. With increased processing power (about 3x over the 4b) comes increased power consumption. Even though it is more power efficient per processing cycle, it still needs more power and needs to dissipate more power, the power supply is 27w USBC. Also the Pi5 has a new connector for variable speed fan so it is integrated on the board instead of being an afterthought on an I/O pin. The Pi5 is more cpu than a Voron needs, but powerful enough for a modest desktop. For the Vorons I'm using the 4B 2GB models, the other day Digikey had over 6,000 of them in stock, which is really nice to see.

Back