The Voron kit build thread

I am not sure how I am going to get another 6 or 8 wires through my cable chains...

I am not sure how I am going to get another 6 or 8 wires through my cable chains...

Oh, definitely not. It's not a permanent setup. At least, it won't be for me anyway :)

Route the wires somewhere, somehow, and after the shaping operation is done, save_config, pull that stuff off and throw it in a drawer until next time. I'm just going to temporarily route the wires out through the skirts, and in through the front door.

Unless im mistaken, when you run the shaper_calibrate command, it goes to a specified point on the bed, like x150, y150, z100, and just shakes and vibrates awhile. It will create a section on your config file with the parameters. Kinda like your bed mesh does. After it finishes the shaper_calibrate process, just save the data with save_config, then shut down and remove all the adxl345 hardware.

restart the printer, and your good-2-go until the next time you change something that messes up the resonance, like switch to a different hotend or something. I'm stil not up on the macros yet, like, will I need a command in the print start macro to load the input shaper profile, or something?

Of course, I could be wrong about some or all of this. I'm still in academic mode, searching and reading. I'll learn more when i get to the "doing" part of it.

Last edited:
Some accelerometers are setup for USB, you just plug into the Pi, attach to printhead, do measurements, and then remove it. You can connect an inexpensive accelerometer to a six dollar Pi Pico RP2040 and load Klipper onto the Pico and then connect the Pico via USB to the Pi.

I haven't done it yet. It has the most effect on higher speed operation.

We started unpacking the Voron V2.4 kit last night. :)

When you remove the accelerometer you may need to comment out the Klipper configuraion for it to avoid errors on restart.

When you remove the accelerometer you may need to comment out the Klipper configuraion for it to avoid errors on restart.

I've already added the adxl345 config to my printer.cfg file. No errors yet, and I've completed several parts since adding it.

Just to see what would happen, I ran query_accelerometer, and it threw the expected error.

I'll still comment it out after I input shaping, just in case there something Ive missed about having the config with no corresponding hardware.

Here's a pretty good video on the subject. In my research so far, I've run across several references to this video on different forums.

Except, we can skip all the stuff about setting up the raspberry pi as a 2nd mcu.

Since we are using the octopus board, which has its own spi connection and is already the MCU, we can ignore that entire part of the process.

V2.4 Parts Printing has begun. Printing main color parts on Trident and accent color parts on VZero. Our tiny print farm.

Voron Trident 250 printing the main color, and Voron Zero printing accent color (idle at this moment), the Dynamic Duo:

1700882381301.png

Last edited:
The Adventure Begins. Voron V2.4 350 kit by LDO. Squaring the frame on a 24" marble round was a bit tricky, it's a bit small for that. Parts printing is in progress, we're printing on demand, more or less. The fourth Z drive is printing now.

1700976684512.png

Back