Tough, tough couple of weeks for me

I'm sorry you were dealt this hand, and I hope you find a competent attorney to straighten it out. My wife and I are working with a company setting up our trust, albeit it long overdue. The positive note is that you won't make the same mistake with your kids. Our goal is to make it painless for our kids, too. Best of luck!

I'm sorry you were dealt this hand, and I hope you find a competent attorney to straighten it out. My wife and I are working with a company setting up our trust, albeit it long overdue. The positive note is that you won't make the same mistake with your kids. Our goal is to make it painless for our kids, too. Best of luck!
Thanks. Eventually, I'll find someone to represent me. Even with representation this won't be a cakewalk. Good on you to make things easier on your kids. You are a good person.

Sorry for your loss my friend.
Thank you. It's been tough in many ways. The estate stuff, just stirs up grief and other emotions. Hope to come out this with some dignity and the feeling that justice prevailed, although it's unclear to me what the truth even is. Truly a confusing time.

Tough times, especially when you are having to do all the arrangements :frown:

Having lost both parents myself, I feel for you mate. They live on in you, the person they helped create, and in the effects of their love, support and the good lessons they taught you, intended and unintended. :)

God keep their souls close, mate.

The trust should include a will that directs the executor on how to process the estate.

If the family is getting bent out of shape too bad, probate or other legal options likely would consume much of the value.

If there is real property that needs to be sold, it is simple, let the realtor make copy of the trust, they list it, and escrow will divide the proceeds per the trust instructions, or probate law if not clear.

If there is no will or other instruction for the distribution of assets, then the probate law in your state can be used to guide you.

The pecking order is very clear in probate law. This can be used to establish pecking orders for assets.

If the company that created the trust is still in business, they should be consulted as they may still have records of when it was created and notes used, this could assist with the spirit of the distribution.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

The trust should include a will that directs the executor on how to process the estate.

If the family is getting bent out of shape too bad, probate or other legal options likely would consume much of the value.

If there is real property that needs to be sold, it is simple, let the realtor make copy of the trust, they list it, and escrow will divide the proceeds per the trust instructions, or probate law if not clear.

If there is no will or other instruction for the distribution of assets, then the probate law in your state can be used to guide you.

The pecking order is very clear in probate law. This can be used to establish pecking orders for assets.

If the company that created the trust is still in business, they should be consulted as they may still have records of when it was created and notes used, this could assist with the spirit of the distribution.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Wish it was so straight forward. There's conflicting trusts. Further more, there's no executor, administratrix, special representative or trustees at the moment, because they all resigned. My family is united, we're not squabbling at all. There's a third party named, who seems to have full knowledge but isn't disclosing information. I'm seeking counsel because it's not apparent what needs to be done. The limited counsel I received, from an attorney I trust, is I/we really do need legal help to sort it out, and get things taken care of, and in the right order for the location. The details and order of operations matter.

Tough times, especially when you are having to do all the arrangements :frown:

Having lost both parents myself, I feel for you mate. They live on in you, the person they helped create, and in the effects of their love, support and the good lessons they taught you, intended and unintended. :)

God keep their souls close, mate.
Thanks. Been a tough slog through the mire. The third party seems to have access to a lot more information than us. Even my mom's estate attorney has been hard to deal with and refused my requests for documents, which should have been made available to us by law. After waiting three months for these documents, it took a call from my family attorney to get them and even that was not simple. That's the first time I've seen the documents in over five years and there's a whole lot of changes to digest. The third party is making requests for action, some of which do not benefit the family. It's been difficult to respond with little counsel. So things are messy and unclear. Once some of the major items get cleared up, I suspect the course of action will reveal itself. May have to swallow our dignity, but that's life, things aren't guaranteed to be fair.

Today is another day. Hope to send off a chronology of events to yet another attorney. Seems to be a good exercise in organizing one's thoughts, so I hope my time last night wasn't wasted. One last edit, before I send it. Not good to send an evening's rambles without reviewing...

Thanks. Been a tough slog through the mire. The third party seems to have access to a lot more information than us. Even my mom's estate attorney has been hard to deal with and refused my requests for documents, which should have been made available to us by law. After waiting three months for these documents, it took a call from my family attorney to get them and even that was not simple. That's the first time I've seen the documents in over five years and there's a whole lot of changes to digest. The third party is making requests for action, some of which do not benefit the family. It's been difficult to respond with little counsel. So things are messy and unclear. Once some of the major items get cleared up, I suspect the course of action will reveal itself. May have to swallow our dignity, but that's life, things aren't guaranteed to be fair.

Today is another day. Hope to send off a chronology of events to yet another attorney. Seems to be a good exercise in organizing one's thoughts, so I hope my time last night wasn't wasted. One last edit, before I send it. Not good to send an evening's rambles without reviewing...
Blimey! Nobody needs this nonsense.

The quality of legal representation you'll get from any given legal 'professional' is so hard to pre-asses, especially for people like us, smart and rational (well, some of the time, speaking personally :oops:) but not steeped in the odd ways of rhe law.

Probate can often be straightforward (leaving one's property to the people one wants to has to be an aspect of life that laws have been engaging with for a very long time) but in some cases you need really solid, knowledgeable, and experienced representation.

God willing, you'll find someone who can help you sort out this mess whilst allowing you to maintain your dignity. If your posts on here are any guide, you certainly have the right moral compass to do so. :)

The long and short of it is my mother passed today, after being in hospice for five days. Prior to that she had been in the hospital for about a week. She had a stroke and had deteriorated rapidly. Unfortunately, the stroke affected her throat and she was unable to swallow or to prevent food from coming up and into her lungs. Have to say it was one of the more painful experiences for me, (and obviously for her) to watch her wasting away. The Lord finally took mercy on her and took her this morning. I've not been here much, simply because I wanted to spend as much time with her as I possibly could.

I'm really not one for exposing my pain or sorrow in public, but here I am. What makes this harder for me, is it is nearly 4 years to the day that my father passed. It's hard being thrust into the position of patriarch and "chief adult" of the family, but it is my duty to my family. Still working out all the details, and trying to get all the family gathered. So I may be a little bit out of sorts for a while, but I hope to start the grieving and recovery process. There's obviously more to do, but I won't bore you with the details.

Thanks for being here. You are my other family. To be honest, I think you all are better behaved at times. :)
We'll have you in our prayers tonight....

Back