WhaaaHOOO!! Finally found myself a shaper!!! 8D

itsme_Bernie

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Well after years of looking locally for a "local pickup" and reasonable price, and good condition shaper, I found an Ammco (Delta) 7in Shaper an hour away!

I have to sell a lathe to get it, but I have found I am not using it very much now, so it is let go of the old to bring in the new.

Picking up tomorrow! I'm sure I'll have slots of questions, how to get this thing running after sitting for a few years.

Pics look good, has all the parts, guards (not always there) and even original vice!

Pics when I get'em!!!

Bernie

Last edited:
syhehunu.jpg

I have to admit, I never knew what "AMMCO" was an abbreviation for:

"Automotive Maintenance Machinery Co"

Bernie

syhehunu.jpg

Nice, real nice. Some folks think they're oudated but there are some real advantages to them!

Good going...

Oh Bernie Im so glad for ya I knew you wanted one. Ask me I turned into a shaper freak for questions. You can always get another lathe in time, shaper guys have been quite for a while so lets get er going again. Hurry up I cant wait. So keep camara batt charged. Did you sleep last night????
sam

Heck a couple of belts and some WD-40 and you will be running this afternoon-----------Nice score

Looking good Bernie. Good for you.:thumbsup:

Well after years of looking locally for a "local pickup" and reasonable price, and good condition shaper, I found an Ammco (Delta) 7in Shaper an hour away!

I have to sell a lathe to get it, but I have found I am not using it very much now, so it is let go of the old to bring in the new.

Picking up tomorrow! I'm sure I'll have slots of questions, how to get this thing running after sitting for a few years.

Pics look good, has all the parts, guards (not always there) and even original vice!

Pics when I get'em!!!

Bernie

Great news!
Now I'm not the only shaper NOOB!
Perhaps we can learn together.

Daryl
MN

Oh Bernie Im so glad for ya I knew you wanted one. Ask me I turned into a shaper freak for questions. You can always get another lathe in time, shaper guys have been quite for a while so lets get er going again. Hurry up I cant wait. So keep camara batt charged. Did you sleep last night????
sam

Sam you summed it up in one paragraph! No, I DIDN't sleep well last night! Hah hah hah!! All I could hear in my sleep all night was:

...... paa-SHOOOoooop -ah-tee-click.... ...... paa-SHOOOoooop -ah-tee-click.... ...... paa-SHOOOoooop -ah-tee-click.... 8)

Pics coming today, for sure!

I appreciate picking your brain- I have a good lathe now, so this is a much more important edition to my little shop.

I'll have plenty of question to wake all the shaper guys up ha hah-

Here's one- this thing looks pretty dry- sat for 10 years I'm told- what selection of lubes, besides Vactra 2 for the ways (if I am correct? I already have some of that) do I need to get this thing rolling happily? Crankcase oil?

Thanks man! HEEEEERreee we gooooOOOO!

Bernie

Back