What Did You Buy Today?

McMaster came through with some telescopic boxes that will fit ER32's, some 1/2" ball bearings (to repair my milling vise), a 1/2" spherical single cut burr (to clean up the vise where the 1/2 ball goes) and some steel tubing that I'm hoping to press fit the ball(s) into. Found some 0.495" ID tubing. Probably will thin it out to 0.498-0.499 near the lip and attempt to press the ball into it. Then I'll attempt to crimp the tubing over the diameter a little. Hope that will hold it well enough to grind. If not, I'll try something else!

Have no need for it, and will likely never use this, but it was cute. Picked up this at the local Goodwill today.

The red section of the handle will pivot 90 degs to either side. The chuck end will pivot about 135 degs either way. Allowing for some interesting, and likely useless combinations. But still cute.

IMG_2463.jpgIMG_2464(1).jpgIMG_2466(1).jpgIMG_2469.jpg

Have no need for it, and will likely never use this, but it was cute. Picked up this at the local Goodwill today.

The red section of the handle will pivot 90 degs to either side. The chuck end will pivot about 135 degs either way. Allowing for some interesting, and likely useless combinations. But still cute.
My grandfather was a cabinet maker and used this style drill on a daily basis. I still have a couple in his tool box in the basement. I haven't used them since I was about 12 years old. They're interesting and unique, but not as practical as they once were. I much prefer a battery powered cordless drill these days.

That's one of the things I love about living in a dry climate. I have a 50lb tin of 7018 that has been sitting out open for at least 20yrs. Always runs just fine when I use it. Mike

I couldn’t take it anymore worrying about welding with overmoistened 7018 rods.

Back