What goes on in my shop #2

That's what's nice about this forum. It's a treat to see what a lot of you guys are capable of.

Beautiful workmanship. Keep the pictures coming.

Jim

Thats some very fine work! I love the detail. Just 1 question, does it just sit in its base, or is there a magnet inside as well?

Cheers Phil

William

Sensational. Very impressive. What an artisan.

How long do you reckon it took, hours-wise, to complete?
Congratulations on your fine workmanship
Trevor

Trevor ,

This was one of those work it in with other jobs going on at the same time type of thing.
I'm usually running a few machines at once, so when I had a few spare minutes I'd tinker
with this one. All in all it was done in a day.

William

William

Sensational. Very impressive. What an artisan.

How long do you reckon it took, hours-wise, to complete?
Congratulations on your fine workmanship
Trevor

Thats some very fine work! I love the detail. Just 1 question, does it just sit in its base, or is there a magnet inside as well?

Cheers Phil

Phil ,

All of the ball vises I have built or seen just sit in their base ,some of the users don't even utilize
the base fixture they just set them on a small pillow and "roll" them on that. Never seen one with
a magnet , not saying it can't be done though ,anything is possible.

William

I forgot that I had taken this pic , thought I'd post it so everyone could take look. Also
been trying to work on my photography skills.
Any comments on the pictures would be greatly appreciated ( i.e ,lighting ,focus ,shadows )
I'm a machinist not a photographer ,LOL !

William
IMG_20140113_154855.jpg

IMG_20140113_154855.jpg

WOW very beatifull work. This hole pin vise thing has opened a new line of thinking for me.

WOW very beatifull work. This hole pin vise thing has opened a new line of thinking for me.

Thanks Mark ! Pin vises definitely have a wide array of uses in variety of applications.

William

I forgot that I had taken this pic , thought I'd post it so everyone could take look. Also
been trying to work on my photography skills.
Any comments on the pictures would be greatly appreciated ( i.e ,lighting ,focus ,shadows )
I'm a machinist not a photographer ,LOL !

Hi William, that's a lovely piece of work m8.
I have been into photography for approx 30 years now (machining 6 months) and I can tell you there is nothing wrong with your photos.
Lighting, exposure, focus & composition all seem spot on m8, :thumbsup2: though having said that, in the second photo you have cut off the head! common mistake ;) :biggrin:
ATB
Mick

William, I am humbled. That is a gorgeous piece of work.

Tom

Back