What's wrong with people these days? RANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just assume that people in general are self centered assholes.
I think... and could be wrong...that it is better to think that everyone has their own perspectives, their own priorities, and their own worries. Perhaps the aggressive tailgater has a relative in the hospital. Maybe that guy laying on the gas at exactly the wrong moment is just learning to ride. It might be that the rude guy in line at Wal Mart just had his wife leave him, or just found out his kids in jail. I don't know. There are certainly scenarios where I've been a jerk without even realizing it. I had something else on my mind! So thinking this way does tend to help me not hate my fellow man. And it gives me hope that someone might be patient with me in my own moment of absentminded disregard for others.
But true, some people are generally unpleasant. You can't win them all. Lol

I think... and could be wrong...that it is better to think that everyone has their own perspectives, their own priorities, and their own worries. Perhaps the aggressive tailgater has a relative in the hospital. Maybe that guy laying on the gas at exactly the wrong moment is just learning to ride. It might be that the rude guy in line at Wal Mart just had his wife leave him, or just found out his kids in jail. I don't know. There are certainly scenarios where I've been a jerk without even realizing it. I had something else on my mind! So thinking this way does tend to help me not hate my fellow man. And it gives me hope that someone might be patient with me in my own moment of absentminded disregard for others.
I knw a couple of those who are "generally unpleasant", for all we know they might have unresolved issues that stayed with them for years, I know one person in particular who is always angry, and has a short fuse also, we all tiptoe around him.

You made a very good point and I do agree with you,but some people are just ugh......well don't give a......well you know what I mean attatude.

I don't know how it is where you are, but out here in the west the brain dead idiots think the neat thing to do is roll coal with their modified diesel trucks. All the better if there are pedestrians or bicycle riders to foul with their soot cloud.
I'm not sure if the walking dead went west to east or east to west but they are everywhere. Our town recently put an ordinance in effect specifically targeting rollers of the coal.

Our town also has an excessive smoke ordinance, and excessive noise too. According to the cops I know they rarely write tickets because the cases keep getting thrown out of court. If the offender goes before the judge and the ticketing officer is not there with video to prove the allegation it gets dismissed.

Don't get me wrong, I do like modifying cars and motorcycles. i ride a dual sport motorcycle with a super trapp muffler that is not silent, but a straight piped harley near me will completely drown out my bike. It even takes away the engine vibrations you feel on your bike and I have to shift with the tach as I can't tell otherwise.

I also drive a modified VW diesel, but you will not ever see a wisp of smoke out of it. If tuned properly you will not see smoke once the turbo kicks in. The truck crowd thinks smoke is power, little do they know it is unburned fuel. My car driving all week produces less pollution than one idiot in a Dodge pickup pulling a steep hill in town.

I have worked as a UPS driver for 27 years. I apologize for this jerk.

I wish you would make a few copies of that video, put the copies on some cheap USB flash drives, and take it down to the center that this driver works out of. Hand the flash drives to a few full-time *supervisors* (not hourlies).

If this happened at my center, the driver would get in a tremendous amount of trouble, and he would be very lucky to keep his job. If it were up to me, I would fire him on the spot.

I have the opposite experience. I have a 90 minute drive back to my center from my route, and I get tailgated about half the time on this long drive. I just disregard it, and continue to drive safely.

I really hate tailgaters! Why don’t they just leave earlier so that they can drive defensively?!
Put it on reddit.... r/dashcam or r/idiotsincars

Let the UPS folks that didn't respond know that is where it is going...you will get a response.

I wish I had said that!
My wife tells me all the time: “when you see someone in Walmart or elsewhere, you never know what they are going through.”

Chuck

I think it is time to try to calm this thread down a little. At times some of the points have been expressed very strongly, and it has lead to a number of posts being taken down, some apologies, etc.

Please, please, in the spirit of the season, treat each other on the forum with dignity and be kind. There has already been calls to lock this discussion, but there seems to be good that is coming of it also. If it gets out of hand again one of the mods is sure to lock it right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back