What's wrong with people these days? RANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
“What’s wrong with people these days”? the loss of God and Family in their lives! Which in return gives you morals and values. As for Covid it sure is a train ride. Interesting how the Amish communities handled it and the outcome. Be safe Out there.

On my way home from work tuesday, I had a UPS delivery truck tailgate my for two miles... not more than 10 feet from my bumper. We were on a 4 lane divided highway, in the left lane. I couldn't speed up, there was a car in front of me. I couldn't merge right, there was a car beside me.

He was jerking the vehicle to the left and right... clearly very agitated. I decided the best thing to do was get out of his way and let him go on his way, but to do that, I HAD to slow down to let the car next to me get out of the way. I let off the gas... did not hit the brake... but as soon as the car in the right lane started getting ahead,the UPS driver jerked the truck into that lane, pulled up beside me... and merged into my lane, pushing me off the road!

He did this on purpose! I managed to avoid getting hit... just by luck...

I have a dashcam, so I have the incident on video, but the sherriffs dept wasn't even interested in seeing it.

I finally managed to get in touch with someone at UPS to file a complaint, but when they found out I had it on video, I got a definate feeling that they weren't happy about it, so I doubt anything was said or done to the idiot driver. I got the feeling that they are going to protect their fellow employees...

I feel that I was in a 'catch 22' situation, and that anything I did would have ended badly...

What is wrong with people?

-Bear
post the video on youtube, facebook,twitter, and any other platform you can think of- UPS won't be able to deny the existence of the tape

My grandfather was a machinist, 9th grade education. Wasn't the oldest so he wouldn't inherit the farm. My father is a retired M.D. They lived on opposite sides of the political fence. Thing is they could argue, discuss, and respect each others opinions even if they didn't agree. And at the end of the day happily drink a beer and play a hand of cards together. I remember many family get togethers like that.

I think there is a huge difference between a difference of opinion, and being offensive. Unfortunately, in a short answer to @woodchucker's posed question "What is wrong with people these days?", I think a big issue these days is people have forgotten how to get along even if they disagree with your opinions. Several people here have shown the ability to apologize for offending, and still maintain a discussion. I wish all the forums I participated in had such manners.

I wish I'd inherited more of that trait. Even my father, who is now in his 80's, says I don't tolerate fools. He says it with a bit of good nature humor and respect, but I'd be happy to outgrow that.

Sorry to hear about all these problems all over this world , luckily we had a slow night here in Maryland . ;)

At school there’s kids walking out of class and not coming back then get mad when they get in trouble! Teachers should still be able to hit students, some really need a good beating. People getting COVID three time in one year then say that the shot doesn’t work because their friend said so! Where did common sense go?
I like the way you think.

For me that hair salon customer is vary close to borderline manslaughter....my 2 cents,I'm by NO means a law expert.

I am a biker,but sadly not riding anymore, but that guy with the Harley is an a$$. I love animals more than Harleys,I am a Superbike guy.

For me that hair salon customer is vary close to borderline manslaughter....my 2 cents,I'm by NO means a law expert.

I am a biker,but sadly not riding anymore, but that guy with the Harley is an a$$. I love animals more than Harleys,I am a Superbike guy.
I was a biker in my early days. From 78 to maybe 84, I didn't have a car, rode my bike every day, snow, sleet, rain, even in a hurricane (legs spread wide because the bike was heavily leaning at times) So I am used to the loud noise of Hogs. I preferred the higher pitch bikes, but I rode down to Florida with 2 open pipe bikes... As long as I was out in front it was ok.. just ok, but if they took the lead it was mind numbing..

But I like animals over my bike too. I would never do something like that also because you don't know how it will go... a consistent sound they are less likely to bolt, but to do what the guy did was dangerous to all of us.

Last edited:
It seems that the entire human race has forgotten the word compromise.
Compromise always starts with the assumption there is a reasonable middle ground.
It assumes that neither party is "unreasonable" (cannot be reasoned with).

When I was in Iraq, they "other guys" wanted my head removed from my body.
I wished for it to remain in place. Because the other side was so unreasonable, and there
was no reasonable middle-ground, compromise was not an option. In cases like this,
only one side can prevail.

Compromise is only possible, when an option, which is in the middle, is disliked, but acceptable to both sides.
Sometimes, one side is so excessive, and so unreasonable, that compromise is not a viable option.
I would not have accepted the removal of half my head to meet them in the middle. A judge friend of mine once said the best
court compromise has been met, when both sides walk away hating the agreement, and as life-long enemies.

Thankfully, circumstances like I described are usually uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back