What's your go-to angle grinder?

Convincing me to go cordless in the age of lithium batteries and brushless motors was as easy as going down the river in a boat.

30 minutes into my first go, and I'd forgotten it doesn't have a cord. The thing rips. Like a Bosch.

9" vintage Black and Decker.
7" Milwaukee
4.5" Makita - three of them.
All corded.
I have used and abused them all.
The Makitas especially.
Buy good tools. Do good work
Make that 4 Makitas.
All of my others have the paddle switch.
I just won this one at an auction.
It has the slide switch.
I saw a 4 1/2" grinder at another auction that the seller had mounted it to a board that he could clamp in the vise. That would let you bring the work to the grinder instead of the grinder to the work. Use both hands on the part for more control and precision for some things.
Paid $18 plus whatever the fees are for it.

Attachments

• eyJidWNrZXQiOiJid3BhcGVyY2xpcC1wcm9kdWN0aW9uIiwidXNlX2VmcyI6dHJ1ZSwia2V5IjoiaXRlbV9pbWFnZXMvYX...jpg
    eyJidWNrZXQiOiJid3BhcGVyY2xpcC1wcm9kdWN0aW9uIiwidXNlX2VmcyI6dHJ1ZSwia2V5IjoiaXRlbV9pbWFnZXMvYX...jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 8
Finally got around to taking photos of my go to disc grinder... Makita 9514B. I have abused this guy so much... felt so guilty that I went ahead and ordered these: Makita CB70 Carbon Brush Set... Sorry it took so long, my old friend...

Makita 4 inch grinder-1.jpeg
Makita 4 inch grinder-2.jpeg
Makita 4 inch grinder-3.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got around to taking photos of my go to disc grinder... Makita 9514B. I have abused this guy so much... felt so guilty that I went ahead and ordered these: Makita CB70 Carbon Brush Set... Sorry it took so long, my old friend...
Yours is better than mine.
When I went to pick it up at the auction I realized it has the old style, small hub on it.
I bought one of these new in the mid 80s.
It can't use the 5/8- 11 discs and wheels.
Whaa...
Dunno if that is a metric thing or if Makita was trying to make you buy Their discs.
But it has the click on type switch that I wanted and will get mounted to the wall or clamped in the vise as I mentioned above - so used less.
I'll just need to have a few spare discs on hand as they are not ubiquitous like the 5/8" is.

Attachments

• 2023-09-25_05_17_44.jpg
    2023-09-25_05_17_44.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back