What's your go-to angle grinder?

Mine don’t get a lot of use. But I use a corded Dewalt, a corded HF no name, and a cordless Dewalt. I don’t care for chordless grinders at all personally. The one I own was a gift.
I don’t recommend the HF no name. It vibrates too much.

I have three... all corded. I first bought a Makita, used it for several years, then found a Ryobi on sale (impulse buy), and finally an older Craftsman that I acquired as a package deal with a large lot of tools.

The Makita has been absolutely reliable, but after using the Ryobi I realized the Makita is badly underpowered. The Ryobi has a lot more power, but tends to quit after a few hours of use and I have to remove the brushes and clean and reinstall them to get it to run.

I haven't used the Craftsman enough yet to give it an honest evaluation. The Ryobi is my 'go-to' grinder...

-Bear

After I saved an old Makita 4” from the trash and put brushes and bearings in it I used in an everyday all day fab work jobs for I think 8yrs. When it went in a true cloud of smoke :) Tried B&D and Dewalt and hated them so bought a 9554 Makita and it’s been going strong now for 25yrs(!).

I use grinders... the grinders I own are Bosch, Bosch, Bosch, Bosch, Bosch, Makita, HF, and HF.

Not much to explain, other than the HF turds in the punchbowl... But honestly, we all need to trash a grinder on a dirty job or purpose now and again, and who wants to trash a Bosch?

wYOdE56.jpeg

Corded 7 inch Dewalt has held up for a number of years. My 18 volt Milwaukee 4 1/2 inch just died. The electronics go out way before anything mechanical does.

5inch Bosch currently and its easily 25 years old.
Angle grinders cop some serious workouts.

I uae a corded HF grinder that I must have bought in the 80's if there was a HF then. I recall buying it because as I remember it was $7.98. Could not resist, happy ever since. I've had to make a tool to get the wheel off, and make a new side handle once. Otherwise, it just works.

Back