1/4 carbide burr set recommendations

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
My Christmas present will be a 1/4" electric die grinder and I need a quality set of burrs. I don't have Champion set money ($300).

I don't use burrs a lot but I want a decent mid range set. Import is okay if they are reasonable quality.

Good ones are not cheap.

Amazon sometimes have sets for du-fur...

If you have good industrial supply place nearby you should be able to get many different ones.

For most things you can get by with maybe one or two.

Get good 1/2 round along with maybe a tapered one.

Get others as needed, when needed.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Second the industrial supply, and buy what you need as needed.

I did a lot of head porting and built up quite a set but most useful were a medium/large oval and cone shape.

Also very useful were sanding cones.

John

Second the industrial supply, and buy what you need as needed.

I did a lot of head porting and built up quite a set but most useful were a medium/large oval and cone shape.

Also very useful were sanding cones.

John

I'm not the kind of guy who realizes he needs something and drives an hour there and an hour back to go get it. It costs way more in lost time, gas, and frustration than just buying a nice set on line. I'm also not paying $38 each. It's just too much for my occasional needs.

Good ones are not cheap.

Amazon sometimes have sets for du-fur...

If you have good industrial supply place nearby you should be able to get many different ones.

For most things you can get by with maybe one or two.

Get good 1/2 round along with maybe a tapered one.

Get others as needed, when needed.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I don't work that way at all. I want a set with variations that give me options sitting and waiting on me to have the need.

My hobby shop works as an extension of my will. Everything at hand that I can reasonably afford to aid in whatever I am doing.

If I buy a mid tier set and it has a good selection of burrs I can replace any well used burrs with better quality later.

The import burrs work well for softer materials, but can wear and chip easily on harder materials.

Be sure to get the double cut ones and not the single cut. The single cut ones are much harder to control.

Well, I don’t have any advice on sets.

Have to assume it’s like anything else, quality costs. I probably paid more than $38 for some of the ones I have, but I was using them to make money at the time.

The sanding cones I’m talking about are these.

I had them in different grits for finishing up after porting with my burrs.

Hope you find a good use for whatever you get.

John

Well, I don’t have any advice on sets.

Have to assume it’s like anything else, quality costs. I probably paid more than $38 for some of the ones I have, but I was using them to make money at the time.

The sanding cones I’m talking about are these.

I had them in different grits for finishing up after porting with my burrs.

Hope you find a good use for whatever you get.

John
I have a bunch of those cones. I do need a 1/4" spindle for them. I had a few 1/8" spindles I bought surplus.

I bought based on Project farm, they are good, but I would go with the less sharp point then I have see link.
Nothing wrong, but I think this might be a better choice Amazon B07CMQYYF5 especially for blending. I like them a lot though.

This is what I have: What I have

1703389566339.png

Last edited:
Back