1/4 carbide burr set recommendations

I started with the Astro Pneumatic set, then added singles as needed from McMaster
Same. The Astro Pneumatic set has worked out for me. Used them to hog out cast iron "flash" to make room for my stepper motor for my ELS. Made an unbearable job into a finite one.

I had bought the set to have on hand. Didn't use them for 5 years. But they saved my bacon that day.

I tried some of the cheap ones and then ended up with some Pferd carbide ones. They actually sell them on Amazon and MSC but only as singles, no set. But there are not that many different forms you need. I mostly use cone, flame or cylindrical.

I tried some of the cheap ones and then ended up with some Pferd carbide ones. They actually sell them on Amazon and MSC but only as singles, no set. But there are not that many different forms you need. I mostly use cone, flame or cylindrical.
PFERD 5-Piece Tough Bur Set - 1/4" Shank, Double Cut 3R Tungsten Carbide Burs for Efficient Material Removal and Precision Work - Part 26551 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0742MV7N...ann_lstpd_KEF0GP5R0BM2GWHM5T85&language=en_US

I ordered the USA made Kodiak burrs. They have good reviews on Amazon and they are not terribly expensive. It will most likely take me years to wear them out.

Sorry, this won't help the search, but I just wanted to say that I bought a china cheepie set of 1/8" shank burrs off Amazon, and they are fantastic. I was so impressed, I bought a second set. Problem, though, they are sold though some generic seller on Amazon, and they don't sell 1/4" burrs. The name brand is nonsensical too. Too bad. The china company that made them knows what they are doing.

Okay, they sell a set. that may be worthwhile if you need exactly those burrs. they get expensive in that size. I mostly use 1/8" in my milwaukee / dremel style tool.

I've been dependant on Dremel sized tools for years. This is just a step up.

I grabbed a couple burrs at my local surplus supply for $8 each. I grabbed a small flame and cone. I also bought a couple flap wheels in 80 grit 1.5" diameter by 1" tall. They had some stone points for $1 each so I grabbed 4.

Back