10" rotary table too big for my 9 x 40 inch table??

Oh I just checked another forum and they weigh ~ 100 pounds not too bad. I restore vintage motorcycles and any part of the day I seem to have to hoist 100 pounds. 300 pounds is my max (transmission from an Audi) But as I mentioned I do have a lifting table.
Really , only 100 lbs for a 10" rotary table. Sounds pretty light to me.

Depends on the table. A basic Chinese 10" RT is probably about 100 pounds. An older American one might be twice that heavy or more, depending...

A phase II 10" comes in at 118lbs, no chuck and adapter. Put a 6"-8" chuck on and you are getting close to 200lbs if not over...
The 10" phase II goes for 449.00 at traverse. Servo and stepper motors are very affordable, arduino board go for less than 20.00... just a price point to work from.

Ruch

OK, I went and bought this BEAST it's a MOORSE 10 7/8 inch table that must weigh over 200 lbs! It came with a NASA servo motor, I looked on eBay and saw was nearly identical selling for many time more than I paid... and I was shocked to discover how pricey this particular model can get. Apparently, it's VERY precise. The machinist had other tables that weighed over 750 pounds! So we used the fork lift to move it to my trailer and he added a pile of HARDINGE HC CHUCKERLATHE saddle parts that has a manual handle I may scarf and add to the MOORSE RT. I feel I am not worthy of this high precision tool (yet) and since it has a servo I am really tempted to look into a CNC conversion... but first I need to feel comfortable with manual operation. Damn, I will be making a special take to hold this beast so I can use my hydraulic table lift to the Mill table. I will take photos once I get it mounted and identify how to reinstall the manual handle.

Leaving both a vise and a rotary table on your mill is a lot of extra weight to cause the table and the saddle it sits upon to wear faster.

Also,if you always use the vise in the same place on the table,it will cause the leadscrew to wear in one place. You need to move the vise about to avoid that.

My rotary table is a 12 inch and I use it on my 9x42 mill with no problem. My only complaint is that it is pretty
heavy necessitating using a chain fall hoist to mount it on the table. So from that perspective,
a 10 inch would be fine.

I also use a 12" RT on my Bridgeport KO. I did, however, score a 16 x 16 inch hydraulic lift table for $100 (new $400). I use it for swapping out the RT for my Starrett milling vise. I also have used it to move my 18 x 24 x 4 inch pink granite surface plate. It doubles as a portable tool bench and the adjustable height is a plus.

As machinist you'll find the easy way to move them. I built a rolling shelf to put all the heavy items on . I have an electric actuator I bought for a sliding door build on my sprinter van but it ended up being to short. It's rated for 375 lbs push or pull. I'm going to mount it to the bottom and make about a 20" jib crane using the actuator to lift across the shelving ,, less chance of tipping,,, it will have a thousand lbs roughly on it so I dint think lifting a couple hundred will tip it. Really it'll be under that I have a 10" rotary , 6" vises one with the rotary base, a Milwaukee magnet drill , other tooling , angles vee blocks . The normal . But I'm sure it'll work . My power door on the sprinter works great , they quoted me just thousands to convert at the place that installs paralyzed wheelchair lifts . Another item I engineered and installed on the side of my van. They wanted $6,000 to pay for the lift and install. I bought a new scratched and dented lift for under $300. Shipped . The door build parts for the power closer was about $400. With buying two actuators . The reason for two I didn't do the measuring myself it didn't show up till the install. But you can use a boat winch or a hoya people lift there like an engine lift but for people. There picked up on craigslist the manual ones are cheap. Easily mounted to the back of any machine .

These are very inspiring ideas. Since I see this a reoccurring issue. I'm going to the scrap yard and pick up some conveyer rollers and build a sturdy stand (to also be used to hold my Hossfild #2 bender) and use the hydrolic ram as an "elevator" to raise and lower heavy vices into the shelf of the Hossfild stand. Floor space is tight so I need to have multiple items I the same floor space. I'm noodling the details as I think k this through. However the first items are to connect the servo to a jog dial system. Anyone done this? This should way I can use the servo but control it manually (for now).

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Oh man you are so ooooh so correct! It's easily wpp pounds of massive wight!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Back