11.5 TPI

That's what I'm thinking also. My friend said he would make one for me with his 3D printer. I don't really have that much of a need for one that would justify an expensive gear. It's going to be interesting how long a plastic gear will last.

I was going to make a custom hose end for my wintertime stock tank hose. It's kind of a long story but basically every time I add water to the stock tank I have to connect and disconnect a hose. With the currently available hose ends it gets a little tough with gloves on. So, I thought I would make one that was glove friendly.

Another option would be for me to learn to make gears and make my own. That might take a while though since I'm still trying to learn all the nomenclature as it is.

If you can't find anything else and don't mind ordering from the UK:

It's 13mm thick and has a 12mm bore.

You'd have to face 3mm off, bore the hole to 18mm then cut a 5mm keyway.

26 Euros + whatever shipping from the UK.

And of course, not currently in stock.:( but it says "manufactured within 7 days of order".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915-174429.png
    Screenshot_20220915-174429.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Looking at the PM manual and supplemental Thread chart (PM 1236T And 1340GT Thread Chart) it appears your lathe has the same quick change gear box ratios as my Jet 1024. I'm attaching an excel spreadsheet I made, based on the 30t, 32t, 40t and 46t gears I had, that calculates additional pitch combinations that weren't included on my threading placard. What Change Gears do you have? My table also shows you can also achieve 11.5tpi with a 32t/40t combo or 40t/46t combo.

A couple of options:

My change gears have an ID of 0.710 or ~18mm. If your machine uses the same ID, Grizzly has the 32t and 46t in stock (Items# 1117, 1118) for $25.58 & $39.60 respectively. https://www.grizzly.com/products/g9249/parts If the DP is the same you could try and order them from Grizzly.

View attachment 420362View attachment 420364View attachment 420363

Then there's Rush Gears: https://www.rushgears.com/tech-tools/part-search/build-custom-gears

You can input your gear requirements and it will output a DXF file that you can use to 3D print your gear.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure if it matters to you or not, but in my boredom today I was browsing internet forums and came across this thread. In the 2nd and
3rd pages, it looks like it was decided that the Jet 1024 change gears have a 1.75 module and 20° PA.

In case you ever find that info useful.

Last edited:
Which part requires 11.5 TPI and can you design around it? Since you are making custom fittings, might as well make it with what you have unless the 11.5 TPI goes into something you can't make yourself. If this is for NPT, those are tapered as well, will you be able to do a tapered thread?

I just wanted to make a new end for the poly pipe that goes up the hill to the stock tank. It's just a female hose end that attaches to the poly pipe, I would still have to use the NPT part of the fitting, as I can't cut tapered threads.

They do make NPT to hose thread adaptors in common 1/2 and 3/4 NPT male and female to hose thread male and female for just a few bucks.

We use them for making lawn sprinklers.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know they do I have a bunch stuff like that. I just wanted to make a custom hose end for my wintertime stock tank hose/pipe. It's kind of a long story, but the water line is in the air over the driveway, grape vineyard and compost piles. So, in the winter every time I add water to the stock tank I have to connect and disconnect a hose. With the currently available hose ends it gets a little tough with gloves on. I thought I would make one that was glove friendly.

Anyway, that's how it all started....... And now I am learning what makes gears work and how to talk the lingo. LOL

You might consider a handled sleeve that secures over the ring of a stock connector. Secure with loctite or epoxy.

You might consider a handled sleeve that secures over the ring of a stock connector. Secure with loctite or epoxy.
That’s a good idea, just like fire hose connections. Then he doesn’t have to worry about the quick connects I recommended failing in the winter if they freeze.

Back