12" Atlas Reverse Tumbler Gear Stud

What's the correct orientation for the bearing dust cover -P4142841.JPG semi-circular cutout on top and aligned with the oiler?

Yes, The oil has to be able to get through to the bearing. And same with the rear oiler.

And never ever put grease on the spindle bearings. Murphy says that the probability that it will block the oil path approaches 1:1.

I'm just about done - got the thread dial back together and indexed correctly, got the countershaft and motor mounted, leadscrew cleaned and installed. Have a little issue with the right hand leadscrew bracket, though. With the stack up of spacers and thrust bearings, when the two jam nuts are installed, the leadscrew shoulder on the left hand side doesn't snug up against the bracket. Is something amiss with the number or size spacers? Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something, before I go off modifying or making spacers.

The spacer that I'm holding in my hand is one that was mounted on the RH side bracket assembly, which when included, leaves the right most jam nut with only about 1/2 the threads engaged.
P4182844.JPGP4182846.JPG

Back