1920's Willard Lathe

Bill Rosselot

Registered
Registered
Ok ran across this machine in the basement of a house that the guy told me that it belonged to his great Uncle. He put it in the basement in the 1950's and it has been down there since. Does anyone know anything about these?
I maybe wrong but it looks that it does not have indicating dials on any of the feeds?
Plus will have to take it apart to get it out of the basement. Comes with 30 plus years of tooling and parts, probably get it for less than 500. Probably have to go see it. Let me know what you guys think.

Will will try to post a picture
Bill

Oh my... Can't wait to see picts. Also, fingers crossed that you stumble upon a nice stash since it's been down there over 60 years...
Perhaps a large Gerstner - stuffed. Just in time for Turkey Day!

I'm having problems putting pictures up. Have not figured out this site yet.

Oh my... Can't wait to see picts. Also, fingers crossed that you stumble upon a nice stash since it's been down there over 60 years...
Perhaps a large Gerstner - stuffed. Just in time for Turkey Day!
72124-06bce7c7663136183bbe0ba55ee36c1c.jpg72125-469dcebcb8b68c3d743370b3336794a1.jpg72126-95a828eb5e44a627c9dca018a3891894.jpgHere is the photos I have for this Machine. Dont think it is from the 1920's But what do you guys know about it

looks worth checking out.
It looks like there are micrometers on the hand wheels to me.
Looks like a washing machine motor in the 3rd pic
Any idea about the size?
shame the pics are so small and no shot of the ways.

Looks good and stout. Go look at it at least.

I'd say it looks like a great lathe the head looks to be gear drive the it's paint looks great. The lathe also has the quick change on it .It looks to be about a 10" or better swing , if I were you and can get it for the $500 I think you'll be set with a real nice powerfull machine . Don't let the looks of the motor turn you away the way the gears are is where the power comes from. Plus you can always go bigger if you need too. Good luck Need more pictures yupp let us know and see it . Ok I just re read your post I think you mean the speeds and settings for the feeds and for threading they are posted on the brass plates the lever positions set those . One plate on the end and the one on top of the lower levers control the feeds the speeds of the head are controlled by the upper ones . Need pict to see how speeds work top levers ?

Last edited:
If you go to pictures and Media Index they are there and if you click on each picture they will get bigger. I'm going to go look at this machine. But I don't think it is a Willard. Looks more like a Logan and Shipply.
What do you guys think?

Lodge and Shipley is the correct name. Nothing to do with Logan.

Back