1956 Studebaker sedan

Based upon the weather during the last few weeks, you do not have to rush as they are still spreading salt on the roads up to a couple days ago. I hope it stops soon!
Pierre

Now that we have reached this point it was time to put the rotisserie away. 4 bolts release the vertical balance arm, 2 bolts release the cylinder, a pin releases the head from the column and 4 bolts releases the column from the base. 5 minutes and she is ready to hang up. Today I welded op four 16" brackets and bolted them to the wall. There you have the entire two rotisseries out of the way and on the wall.
The connector tube stand by itself in a corner.
Nick

rotiserie.JPG

rotiserie.JPG

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this Stude all together and ready to hit the road!

Well after 4 months away from this job we are finally back at it. The Mrs had a hip replaced at the end of May so that kept me pretty busy for the summer doing her chores as well as gutting the kitchen/dining room and getting it ready for new cabinets, floor/paint/trim etc. and the yard work which never ends. Her reasoning was that if I could have this car she should be allowed to have a new kitchen. I did not win on that argument.
Anyway I finally got back at the car in Oct. We started by finishing off the doors inside and out. Had to redo the green on the rest of the car as we didn't have enough to finish the job and when he mixed the paint for me he did not record what he had put in it so a match was not too promising. We do have the formula now as he mixed it so if ever we need we should be able to match it. Then we painted all the interior parts before we put the paint away.
Then we installed the new headliner before we could install the back glass which proved to be quite a challenge. The chrome trim had been badly abused by previous owners/mechanics so had to do a lot of dent removal and buffing but looks good now. We also had to reshape it a bit to get it to snap into the grove in the rubber seal. Had help from a previous auto glass shop owner otherwise we would never have got it done. As it was it took 1 1/2 days to get both windshields installed because of the adjusting we had to do on the moldings to get them to snap into the rubber.
After that we tackled some of the trim pieces and head lights. Then we tackled the dash. First we had to rejoin the two halves. My Mrs helped me get it into place and once secured and aligned we fitted the interior moldings. After that cane the instruments, switches and wiring which are now completed including the brake handle etc. Did some tests on the various circuits and all seem to be in order. Now we are working on the little things like gas pedal etc. and then we can install the seats and carpet.
Next will follow fitting the doors and once aligned we can install the new glass, channels etc. in the doors followed by the rest of the panels and bumpers.
So progress is being made again. Nick

frt.fin2.jpg drs.fn2.jpg dsh-fn2.jpg rr.fn2.jpg

frt.fin2.jpg drs.fn2.jpg dsh-fn2.jpg rr.fn2.jpg

Last edited:
A couple more pictures of this last weeks progress.

fr.lft2.2.jpglft.rr2.2.jpg

fr.lft2.2.jpg lft.rr2.2.jpg

nicky , nice build .

I have a very nice set of dog dish caps right from the plant.
If you are interested pm me I will email you pics of them.

I am in Hamilton

Wow Nicky, It's really coming together nicely. Your moving along very nicely. I can appreciate the amount of time and work that goes into a resto like this. I've done a couple of cars myself. You guys are on the home stretch now, and your into the fun part, where everything is going back together.

In the beginning it feels like your going backwards. Every time you take a part off, you discover more problems and issues, and it seems like you'll never get it done.

Marcel

Well we are getting more done every day. A lot of suttle little things like electrical connections where you really don't see anything change but yesterday we installed the front and rear carpet and front seat. That really shows progress.
seat1.jpg

seat1.jpg

Great work, Nicky. Soon you'll be able to get the return from your hard work. Enjoy!

Chuck

Back